Post Your Gp2x Overclockng Record

My first edition goes up to 305MHz
But is stable at 285Mhz (psx4all)

MK2 285 stable in Mame2x

there should be a simple overclocking tester for gp2x that tests the highest clock and at what point is it stable. Would be important for people selling and buying gp2x to have the clock speed advertised.

anyone know why there is so much variance?

Oh man, mine's low-end -> 240 Mhz stable with PocketSNES, Picodrive, et al. . .It's a brand new MK2 and 3.0 firmware from Play-Asia.

My MK2 (um, I think) gets to 250 with the GBSP before crash and burn on batteries. ALMOST close enough to run Advance Wars properly.

250Mhz stable in DrPocketSnes, and 244Mhz stable in Quake2x. It used to run 266Mhz stable until I fucked it up :)

- Alex

Yorper posted on Feb 23 2007 at 11:09 AM said:
Mk2, 245Mhz in picodrive using both cpus
I would be interested in hearing more people display their highest overclock in PicoDrive with Sega CD games. My second CPU is very bad at overclocking compared to my first (262 vs <233), but haven't found that exact point yet.

Please post your normal overclock figure vs Picodrive dual CPU figure. I think it's better to use Sega CD games than normal games, because it challenges the 2nd CPU more to decompress and play MP3 audio than other types of audio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk2 @ 280+ (with the cpu test it crashed at around 285) ive ran SFA in the CPS2 emu fine at 280 tho

What makes me laugh is that when the GP32 was around, people were deathly afraid of overclocking their 32's because they thought it would literally blow up, that was until Craig bravely tested it out, with no adverse effects.

Now people are quite happy to march their ants up until their 2X crashes. :D

imhotep posted on Feb 24 2007 at 12:28 PM said:
I would be interested in hearing more people display their highest overclock in PicoDrive with Sega CD games. My second CPU is very bad at overclocking compared to my first
I just discovered that my unit *does* overclock rather well when utilising second CPU (only 7 MHz less than when running single CPU test). The trick is to enable Craigix's Ram Timings and Squidge's MMU Hack in the advanced options of Picodrive.

Before I did that, I could barely overclock my unit at all within Picodrive.

imhotep posted on Feb 24 2007 at 10:32 AM said:
imhotep posted on Feb 24 2007 at 12:28 PM said:
I would be interested in hearing more people display their highest overclock in PicoDrive with Sega CD games. My second CPU is very bad at overclocking compared to my first
I just discovered that my unit *does* overclock rather well when utilising second CPU (only 7 MHz less than when running single CPU test). The trick is to enable Craigix's Ram Timings and Squidge's MMU Hack in the advanced options of Picodrive.

Before I did that, I could barely overclock my unit at all within Picodrive.

Hmmm... Mine overclocks to the same point (~257) that my arm920 does... Could this mean that my 940 clocks higher than my 920? :blink: By the way, what happens when the 940 crashes? Does the whole thing seem to crash? Because at clockrates higher than ~240mhz, the sound got all messed up. Could this by just a sync issue?

Back