Post Your Desktop

Good to know. When I install a desktop environment, I just go with the defaults.

If you're interested, I could post some of the settings for my desktop. You know, just in case you end up using Xfce someday.

Gerix said:
Good to know. When I install a desktop environment, I just go with the defaults.

If you're interested, I could post some of the settings for my desktop. You know, just in case you end up using Xfce someday.

Well the only thing I have linux on at the moment is my EEE PC 900, and LXDE is the fastest environment there is for it (Aside from maybe xmonad, rat poison, or Fluxbox)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, nevermind. I guess I made a major assumption there.

Nova said:
content.png

As you can see, I've cleaned grayed it up a bit.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
And yes, I am using firefox in addition to Google Chrome. I like chrome, I really do. It's fast, nice looking, etc. But it doesn't have the feature set that firefox does quite yet. I like that chrome's interface takes up a lot less room on my screen and things like that. But it doesn't have the extensions that Firefox does, and I personally can't live without Adblock plus.
I often use both as well (both on my Windows install and on Kubuntu as well), and I agree about it missing a lot of good Firefox extensions, but it does have Adblock Plus. You do have to install the Adblock browser button separately though, I have no idea why they didn't include it by default.

Crunchwrap said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
And yes, I am using firefox in addition to Google Chrome. I like chrome, I really do. It's fast, nice looking, etc. But it doesn't have the feature set that firefox does quite yet. I like that chrome's interface takes up a lot less room on my screen and things like that. But it doesn't have the extensions that Firefox does, and I personally can't live without Adblock plus.
I often use both as well (both on my Windows install and on Kubuntu as well), and I agree about it missing a lot of good Firefox extensions, but it does have Adblock Plus. You do have to install the Adblock browser button separately though, I have no idea why they didn't include it by default.

Adblock plus is a lot more glitchy and buggy in chrome, as per my experience.

I used to use firefox a lot, but I then tried out chrome on my new windows installation, didn't like it, then tried out opera (again, I used to use it) and I am still using opera. opera is too much of a CPU and RAM hog, so I might go back to firefox, though I like having everything all in one with opera. you just cant win >_<

one thing I have never liked are widgets in windows vista/7. They just take up space ( I store most of my important files on the "desktop"), and I never need them anyway. I just don't see the need. for note taking, notepad. clock, there's one on your task bar. calendar, I have an agenda for that. computer stats, task manager. weather, I have windows installed in my home. doodles, I prefer real paper and a pencil. 

another thing toolbars. any toolbar in a web browser, I hate it. toobars in windows explorer I also hate. I just want to do what I have to do without all this clutter. I don't even need a menu bar, I have most of the shortcuts memorized. Plus, my 1024x600 pixel screen does not help one bit.

Back