Post Flash Issues - please help!

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
I flashed to the latest Kernel this morning and my Pandora is behaving weirdly.  I posted this to the "SuperZaxxon v1.52" thread in the software forum, but it occurs to me I might get better support if I posted to the forum made for support :)

So without further ado, I flashed my device and during the install I saw this text:

http://www.wagnerdery.com/SawThisLots.jpg

After the flash was over (a few tries later!) this guy now pops up very quickly during boots:

http://www.wagnerdery.com/IDunnoIfThatMatters.jpg

In general though it seems kind of bleak to me.  If the Pandora hasn't been touched in a while it sometimes gives me a solid 4-5 minutes before it starts misbehaving, othertimes it starts misbehaving immediately.  Once it starts rebooting it repeats pretty frequently as the below video shows.

Each of it's reboots looks alot like the one here at second ~52:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/VOCzwoct7HE?feature=oembed

Eventually it will put that vertical lines down the screen on and stop rebooting and freeze there with the leftmost and rightmost lights both on.  Once that happens I have to take the battery out and put it back in a time or two in order to get the loop repeating.  When I put the battery in the leftmost light will light up but not the standard rightmost power light.  A few more pull out-reinserts of the battery and it goes back to looping reboots.  Once or twice I've gotten booted and into the xfce desktop, but it's not frequent and I don't get to stay long.

I'm beginning to think that the flashing just exacerbated an existing issue?  Is there something I can do here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those links only bring up a 403 (forbidden)  error.   Any chance you could put the screenshots somewhere more accessible?

To confirm,  the unit was working ok before you reflashed it?

- Neelix

Thanks for the reply, I've moved the screen pictures to a different site.  Please do let me know if they continue to be inaccessible.  As for previously working, I THINK so, though to be fair I've not tried to use it in a while.  (I use it primarily when travelling)

Please try to reflash again. Also, are your battery contacts clean and connecting properly?

can you try to boot without any sdcard inserted or other stuff connected to your unit?

Is some key of the keyboard or a gamingbutton stuck?

Please try to reflash again. Also, are your battery contacts clean and connecting properly?

can you try to boot without any sdcard inserted or other stuff connected to your unit?

Is some key of the keyboard or a gamingbutton stuck?
Thanks for the input, to answer - 

I am having trouble re-running the flash because the pandora dies and reboots before the process can run.  If I hold down 'R' and get into the selector menu it WILL sit there forever without resetting (or at least long enough for me to get bored waiting).  This leads me to believe that the battery contacts are no the issue as it stays powered on during that window.  If there's a good way to clean them I'm opening to trying anything.

I can confirm that it DOES reset itself while booting with or without the SD cards plugged in.

I don't *think* there are any keys stuck down though I'm not positive how to confirm that apart from just hitting them all...

I SUSPECT that the best hint I have to what's going on here is the text in this screenshot (which pops up quickly before the load back splash screen) http://www.wagnerdery.com/IDunnoIfThatMatters.jpg - I don't know what twl4030_wdt is but I suspect it needs to successfully register.  And perhaps having no 'voltage scale API' for vdd_mpu_ida is a problem that would cause this?

And one more data point - We have gotten to the point that removing and reinsterting the battery can take many tries before a boot is attempted.  In most insertions (sometimes 30 in a row) only the leftmost green light will light up, it will stay solid, and nothing else will happen.  Eventually a battery insertion will leave this light empty, the regular power light will light up, and there will be an attempted boot.

while you are in the mood of making videos.. can you make one of it running through the reflashing procedure.. it should at least have some output before crashing.

Back