Sometimes doesn't boot

olav-st

Still Fresh
Hi all,

My pandora has started to become a bit unstable when it comes to booting. It usually boots fine when I haven't used it in a day, but if I turn it off and try to boot it again it gets stuck with either just the leftmost, or both SD leds on. No other leds light up.

At first I thought that the battery wasn't making contact properly, but I get the same behaviour using only the AC adapter (with no battery in the pandora). I've tried reflashing the newest OS, but it didn't help :(

Any tips? Thanks!

Are there cards in the slots? If so you may want to remove them. First thought is that it's trying to read something and failing. If that reliably fixes it then it's probably just some corruption on the card and a chkdsk will fix it.

If not then I'm out of immediate ideas, may have another thought later.

It happens both with and without cards in the slots. The SD leds turn on immediately after flicking the power switch, and stay on without blinking so it dosen't look like its trying to read anything from the cards. The boot screen also dosen't appear so I'm not sure if it even gets to the bootloader before freezing. Taking the battery out and leaving it for a while usually fixes the problem which is also kinda strange..

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking the battery out and leaving it for a while usually fixes the problem which is also kinda strange..
I assume you mean it fixes it for a while, but eventually it starts causing problems again?
I'm not sure I can help debug this, sorry. If it's only a problem when booting, could you simply not? The Pandora should be able to go for a couple weeks in suspend mode with a full charge before shutting down, the only time I ever reboot is when I've forgotten or when there's a kernel update, neither of which happen all that often.

If it's only a problem when booting, could you simply not? The Pandora should be able to go for a couple weeks in suspend mode with a full charge before shutting down, the only time I ever reboot is when I've forgotten or when there's a kernel update, neither of which happen all that often.
If it really lasts that long I probably could. Thanks for the tip! Im starting to think it's a hardware problem so I don't think there's much I can do about it.

You could always send it to EvilDragon. He'd have the tools to investigate better, I think, and if there is a problem he could do something about it, but it'd probably cost you, unless it's under warranty.

Knowing ED, there's a good chance that he' ll fix it free of charge, provided you haven't been doing anything vicious to your Pandora.

Have you the tools/confidence to take the back off your Pandora and look for any loose components?

Back