Possible New Fenix Game

Nilsiboy

1337 T045T
Website
Visit site
hey guys,
I just returned from london, and there and on the flight vback home i developed a game idea. It's a mixture of pong and ikaruga so far, though nothing coded yet...I wanted to ask if its possible with fenix...so here's the whole thing:

graphics:
simple, most likely only rectangles. two kinds of enemys in general, black and white, shooting bullets of equal colour. The players ship is a rather small rectangle, allowing it to evade shots quite easily, but with the ability to change color (black/white) and to stretch horizontal (so it looks like a pong stick)

game mechanic:
enemys shoot, player CAN NOT shoot himself, he has to reflect bullets. when ship is white it reflects white ones, same for black. stretching ability used to reflect many bullets at once and it has to because there are many enemys and the ship can only reflect 2, maybe 3 bullets "unstretched"

didnt think about powerups or stuff yet, but thats quite a bit of work to do without, isnt it?
and is it possible to do in fenix or would something else be better?

thanks in advance for your advise :)

Nilsiboy

btw i even got a name for my "software studio" ^^ EverEdge software, thought its cool because its virtually homophone to average :D

Moogle posted on Mar 25 2005 at 06:36 PM said:
Very cool idea and not that hard to make in Fenix! Post when you have something to show ;)

ITS WHAT FENIX DOES BEST!

Last edited by a moderator:
cool..so, I'll dig through tutorials and try to learn, if i come to any questions, i hope you will be able to help me ;)

Nilsiboy posted on Mar 25 2005 at 09:25 PM said:
cool..so, I'll dig through tutorials and try to learn, if i come to any questions, i hope you will be able to help me ;)
ikaruga is one of my fave games - not for the stunning graphics (as they are!!)

but because of that little twist your talking about!!

fenix should do it wel - its brill for shooters...

my advice is look for a good tutorial - try www.flamingbird.com as a start

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back