Possible Icon Set

Amazing! however im not keen on the folders being that way up have you tried them horizontally? Im loving the Trash icon.

taltoris said:
Merry Day After Christmas! Here's an update of what they look like now:
(img)

I like it! +1 about trying with lanscaped folders, and... I propose to give some indicative colors to the battery. Make the energy bar more red when its almost empty and make it more green when its full, so on.

Love the trash too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
SVG File.

Ok, just a little bit of clarification. The folder with the pandora logo is for active tasks, the gears are for generic applications that don't have icons, the pandora on top of the desk is an icon to show the desktop, and the semi-transparent box is going to be a hard drive. I'm not sure if I'm settled on the blue emblem thing behind the generic folder/file. What do you guys think?

taltoris said:
SVG File.

Ok, just a little bit of clarification. The folder with the pandora logo is for active tasks, the gears are for generic applications that don't have icons, the pandora on top of the desk is an icon to show the desktop, and the semi-transparent box is going to be a hard drive. I'm not sure if I'm settled on the blue emblem thing behind the generic folder/file. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the SVG file. I don't like the "blue emblem thing behind the generic folder/file".

Yes, I really think the blue square should ALWAYS be in front of the picture, for the sake of consistency if nothing else :)
Otherwise, it's a very nice set!

However, I would like to suggest making icons for odt, odp, etc, as well as for jpg images and source code files. (.php, .c, .h, etc.)

Would it be possible to add some more file format icons, like for FLAC, OGG, etc.? I don't mean to nitpick, but it would seem a shame to have to use generic icons for them/have a mixed icon set, and it doesn't seem like too much work (I might even take a shot at it sometime).

Anyway, great job! Please keep it up!

Capn_Fish said:
Would it be possible to add some more file format icons, like for FLAC, OGG, etc.? I don't mean to nitpick, but it would seem a shame to have to use generic icons for them/have a mixed icon set, and it doesn't seem like too much work (I might even take a shot at it sometime).
They'll be coming. However, very similar filetypes will probably have nearly identical file icons, with just the emblem in the corner changing.

Yes, of course. One icon for all music files, for example, with different text in the emblem will be perfect.

wrjluh.png

SVG File

Still needs work, but its getting closer.

BTW, they still look awesome on dark backgrounds. The transparency looks really nice:
w2br6p.png

All right, bedtime now.

Am I the only one who thinks the Wifi signal strength meter looks backwards (wrong colors) when mapped onto the background image ?

The last one on the second line looks like "No signal strength" until the notice the one next to it with a bar missing and final the icon with the pling.

On no-background icon set, it looks fine. Is this a transparency issue?

The battery colors (even though the same) look fine, but thats due to the fact it has a standard background.

Squidge said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Wifi signal strength meter looks backwards (wrong colors) when mapped onto the background image ?

The last one on the second line looks like "No signal strength" until the notice the one next to it with a bar missing and final the icon with the pling.

On no-background icon set, it looks fine. Is this a transparency issue?

The battery colors (even though the same) look fine, but thats due to the fact it has a standard background.
Good point - it's a similar situation with the volume - you can't really see the difference in volumes when set against the dark background. Perhaps both need a light 'outline' around them.

I also think it would be nice if the inside of the 'flash'/'spark' part of the low battery icon were red. That way it is only modifying the colour scheme slightly an so keeping consistency but also giving the warning a highlight.

They still look nice to me! I agree that making giving the wireless an opaque background would be a good idea, though, as would outlining the sound waves on the sound one (to make them visible).

I wonder if there would be some way to have dynamic svg icons?
Like, be able to chose the generic "code" icon (the one currently used in the 'c' and 'h' icons), set it to different files, and have it automatically put the file extension in the blue emblem.
For example, I chose index.php, go the the icon properties menu, and select type "code," and then suddenly it has that icon with "php" in the box.

Well, the second row of icons belong on the mb panel, so they would probably never be on a dark background anyway. But it does kind of bug me, so I'll fix them for consistencies sake.
And the gears too, they look kinda weak on dark.

jbr said:
I wonder if there would be some way to have dynamic svg icons?
Like, be able to chose the generic "code" icon (the one currently used in the 'c' and 'h' icons), set it to different files, and have it automatically put the file extension in the blue emblem.
For example, I chose index.php, go the the icon properties menu, and select type "code," and then suddenly it has that icon with "php" in the box.
Yea, I'd love something like that. In theory it would be possible, but as always someone has to add that functionality to matchbox first, cause I don't think it has it now. I even customized my .dircolors file in order to differentiate between code files, scripts, docs, mmedia, cd-images, etc. to identify file types much faster when using the command line to navigate. I miss that 'feature' in graphical explorers. So this would be nice.

Back