Possible Icon Set

taltoris

Still Fresh
Just playing around with Inkscape and I built some icons. Originally in SVG, they can eventually be converted to PNG.

Just out of curiosity, but is transparency for icons a problem?

281zbxl.jpg

Tell me what you think.

It was totally necessary to quote the first post when you were the first one to reply. Great Job.

^ shut up

Those look brilliant! I like how you've kept to the logo's color scheme :)

Nice, very nice. I'm a sucker for understated design (ie., I hate garish, primary coloured, over the top visuals), and consistency is important too. This is an icon set I would use.

I just love it when those with creative talents show us what they can do. Gruso's comments pretty much sum it up for me. Nice I would use them. Love to see more...

They look great to me.

Thanks for your efforts.

Have we had any word from the Devs if they are looking for Icon sets / desktop backgrounds etc? If so then please submit these for consideration, I'd be perfectly happy to have these as my default icons.

Yes there is a need for 'official' icons,as mentioned in this post. Elsewhere in that thread wesbrown18 gives the requirements.

It would be nice to see taltoris' submission there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Divded the image in to icons: http://www.mediafire.com/?fazifnngtmd

EDIT: This could be useful for Matchbox testing.
EDIT: Renamed some files to be Matchbox compliant. I could make the icons smaller but it's not that hard so you all can do it.
EDIT: Another update
EDIT: ...and another
EDIT: :lol: What's that saying... release early and release often? Updated (I scaled some images down to 48x48 and stuff)

Gruso said:
Nice, very nice. I'm a sucker for understated design (ie., I hate garish, primary coloured, over the top visuals), and consistency is important too. This is an icon set I would use.
+1

I really like simple, effective icons (for the few times when I actually see them :p), and these definitely qualify.

Well, seems like I've gotten a pretty positive reaction, so I'll keep working on these. I don't think I'll bother with doing icons for apps, I'm basically just working on the icons listed here.

I'm using the icons in my Matchbox testing. I uploaded a screenshot but you can only see the mbfolderprev and mbnoapp icons. :lol:
Link: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...st&p=682353

EDIT: I added another image so now you can see some other icons. I've been trying to figure out how to change the Active Tasks icon. I'm also trying to add an Applications directory. (both should be so easy but I can't find one and the other won't show)

your icon set looks great :)

adamorjames' screenshot really looks good using it and the dark wallpaper :)

Those really do look good. Keep up the good work!

IMO, a nice default icon set, will go a long way with attracting new pandora owners! Default (or included themes) in matchbox are not exactly the most pleasing on the eye.

Merry Day After Christmas! Here's an update of what they look like now:
2pzfwh3.jpg

I have an SVG file that I'll put up when I find some better free hosting.

Back