Possible fault with Pandora 1GHZ. please help

Yeah, the LCD connector on my Pandora I broke due to fiddling inserting replacement LCD cables, so I took it off entirely. The LEDs all work still, so as long as it's on and not precharging, you'll see the power LED, the charge LED as appropriate and the SD card LEDs flicker briefly during boot as it scans them for PNDs (if it's got an SD card in it). The bluetooth and the wifi leds would light to if I still used those.

Hello community,

Sorry for reviving a the thread after 10 days, but there are a couple of things that concern me.

1st @Eight Bit when you said:
To add to this, do not insert the battery while the Pandora is on an external DC power supply
Do you know of anything that may break on the Pandora because of it?
I say it becuause that's the way I managed to revive mine. I connected it directly without the battery, then inserted the battery for recharging.
I have also recharged it using a "Y" USB cable from 2 USB A to the micro B on the Pandora, for more power.

2nd to @FBnil when you said:
Cables will be soon back in the Dragonshop.
Do you know this for sure?
Will they be orderable?
I'm having issues again. :(

Regards.

IIRC it was someone invovled in the hardware design that speculated that the battery charge controller might get confused if a battery appeared under it after it was already powered on, but I personally have never come across anyone actually reporting such a problem. It would at worst cause something in the charge circuit to go pop, or to blow up the battery I'd have though, so if it's all still working, I'd say you've got away with it. It's possible taken a few charge cycles off the lifespan of your battery instead, but given mine's looking like it might outlast me, that's probably not a major concern.

Thanks for the reply with extra information.

@levi the "poping" element is was made me uneasy. Nothing noticeable happened to my Pandy, though.

@TrashyMG That's cool. It makes your Pandora really lightweight, especially if you have a TV out cable dangling from it.

@Sebastian Castro - Yeah I had to put a rubber mat on top of the TV to keep it sliding, then to protect the fragile TV out cable I fastened the TV out cable to relieve the stress from the weight of the cables.

Well, I never had it happen to me but that's what was said. It would break the charging circuit. But you know... from hear-say people learn to lie, it could just be a story too.
@Sebastian Castro
Okay I guess this morning I read what you posted a little too quick and thought you meant just run it on the DC jack only, which shouldn't be an issue. However DO NOT put the battery back in while it's on the charger. This could really blow the charging circuitry.

Okay I guess this morning I read what you posted a little too quick and thought you meant just run it on the DC jack only, which shouldn't be an issue. However DO NOT put the battery back in while it's on the charger. This could really blow the charging circuitry.
@TrashyMG Thanks man! *lol* yes, the later is exactly what I did. I guess I was lucky. Regards.

Back