GP2X Porting Minivmac On Gp2x

virusx

Virus Infected Person
Website
www.budburnerz.com
I was playing with miniVmac on my PC today and I searched for it in the forum.
I found a post from Anhaedra trying to compile it for 2X.
But the thread didn't reveal if it was working or not.
I don't even know if this emu would be the best Mac classic emu to port on the Gp2X (as BasiliskII hasn't been fully ported yet)

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was thinking that a good ol' Mac classic on 2X could be fun.

http://minivmac.sourceforge.net/ for the source.

And remember... This is not a request, not even a wish, this is just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini vMac was even ported to the DS quite successfully (though you can only run a simple black and white version)

current.png

So GP2X should defiantly be capable. Just need somebody dedicated, and knowledgable, enough to make it real.

Thanks for the reply!

MiniVmac on the DS with that virtual keyboard...
It is looking great.

Perhaps one day on the 2X. :)

I also hope that some main emulators on 2X will benefit from the F200 touchscreen.
I don't have one for the moment but this will be a great step forward in Amiga emulation for exemple (and Atari ST, Amstrad Cpc, C64...)

I think MiniVmac is lighter. It is what people are saying. (It's working on the DS)
And would be perfect for some Classic emulation.
BasiliskII isn't really polished and won't work for many things.

Again, it wasn't a request, just an idea.
Perhaps is it "easy" to do?
Perhaps I should learn programing?
Where are we from?
What's make the wind.... humm... ;)

Minivmac only emulates a Mac Plus, from what I remember, which makes it smaller but also limits you to B/W unlike Basilisk II which will emulate a Mac OS 9 system which looks much cooler. I guess it's a matter of which runs smoother but even with the speed hit, I like Basilisk II on the GP2X.

Basilisk II is emulating 68040 processor and runs with system 7.5.3 or 7.5.5 best.
Mini-Vmac runs from system 0.1 to system 7.5 and emulates a 68000 processor. BW only.

@Trooper: Are beans really making the winds or is it the bean squeezer factory?

Back