Caanoo / WIZ Porting Games Over To The Caanoo

GonzoUK

Still Fresh
Hello,

There are so many games that we would like porting over, but what are the prerequisites for porting over a game. I'd love somebody to port over Dungeon Keeper 2 or System Shock 2, looking at how well the 3D runs on Doom and Quake on the Caanoo, I'm sure one of these would be instant hits. Here is Dungeon Keeper 2 in it's full glory to download, one of the best games in my opinion as so old, only need 100Mhz in it's day:

Click Here

porting a game requires the source code of it. if you can't find it, if it was never released, there's no way to make that happen.

uh and i don't know if your link is ok in regards of the forum rules ...

Yeah, the developer usually has to deliberately release the source code, so people can tweak and modify it for the Caanoo.

I think DK2 might be too advanced for the Caanoo anyway, let's not forget that the 100MHz figure was with a proper PC graphics card and lots of ram and stuff. It would be hard to tell what's going on with the Caanoo's low resolution as well - how could you read all the text? DK on Dosbox might be more plausible but I heard that doesn't run so well on the Pandora, so the Caanoo would probably really struggle.

glezmen said:
dosbox is way too slow, it produces the speed of an AT286 on Wiz/Caanoo :(

It's a shame the dosbox was removed for the iphone 4, apparently it was very good on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also wondering if maybe Fallout 1 or 2 could be ported? Cause that waould be awesome!

Hvatig said:
I was also wondering if maybe Fallout 1 or 2 could be ported? Cause that waould be awesome!

on 320x240? i doubt it would work
but there's an open source engine for Fallout1, feel free to experiment with it :)

glezmen said:
Hvatig said:

on 320x240? i doubt it would work
but there's an open source engine for Fallout1, feel free to experiment with it :)
I know nothing of programming, I could probably learn though, where's a good place to start?
And where is the Source code? I couldn't find it through google

Back