Port Requests

I just want to ask one more thing.

Will Spring and SpringLobby be possible on Pandora?

http://springrts.com/

I just wonder.

Might be too slow as minimal requirements is 1.6 Ghz and 512 MB RAM.

Recommended is 3 Ghz.

I just want to ask one more thing.

Will Spring and SpringLobby be possible on Pandora?

http://springrts.com/

I just wonder.

Might be too slow as minimal requirements is 1.6 Ghz and 512 MB RAM.

Recommended is 3 Ghz.
You won't be playing any 8v8 BADSD anytime soon. Kernel panic might work.

RAM requirements are pretty heavy. Small maps like SmallDivide might work with few units. You could potentially decrease LOS resolution/increase latency and nerf the pathfinder to get a bit of a speed boost.

The game simulation isn't light to begin, and the rendering can get pretty heavy too. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I expected.

Just never read about it and wanted to get some clarification.

Nice to meet a spring developer.

Kernel panic wasn't the game I wanted to play.

The Cursed was the one I fell in love with.

It might be worth a try at some point but there are enough problems running it on PCs and it's been using shaders for a while. The basic rendering pipeline and some widgets will work without shaders, but the sim is still pretty expensive.

Just try if you like to.

No need for any hurry,

As I said I didn't expect much.

(But am happy if it works)

Nice. Thanks :) .

EDIT:

Do you know if those other dictionarys also will work?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Matthias_Buchmeier

If so others than Germans will gain some benefit as well.
It's a rather simple program, it's basically just a frontend to "grep". So yes, it will work with other dictionaries. I'll even put some of them in :)

Do you also need the spellchecking stuff or is just the dictionary enough?

Dictionary is my main usage but if you say it's really simple and spellchecking is also simple I'd like it as well.

It's not the main feature for me, so if it takes lots of time to add it, then leave it out.

Oooh, they look interesting, have to check them out when I get home

Dictionary is my main usage but if you say it's really simple and spellchecking is also simple I'd like it as well.

It's not the main feature for me, so if it takes lots of time to add it, then leave it out.
I uploaded Ding to the repo, including the large German-English dictionary and all of the dictionaries from that link (the ones extracted from Wiktionary). The PND is about 25MB.

This one doesn't have spellchecking - I could also upload a version with spellchecking, but that seriously adds to the PND size if you want it for all available languages. It becomes a 85MB PND with a spellchecker and all word lists, vs only 25MB for just the translation dictionaries. For some reason those word lists are huge, or at least they don't compress well.

Is portaudio something that is hard to build or doesn't work at all?

Is portaudio something that is hard to build or doesn't work at all?
Last time I checked, if I remember correctly, it was something like ALSA or OSS, so not easily PND-able, with a deamon, hardware acces, and things like that. But I may mistaken with something else, I have to re-check.

*EDIT* Hum, maybe I'm mistaken. I'll see if I can get that to compile...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back