Port Request: Ufo: Alien Invasion

Tobriand

Hi everyone!

It's not often that I post these, but having just stumbled upon this: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/News , I figured bringing it to the attention of the community at large might not be a bad idea. especially given very Pandora-friendly system requirements (500MHz machine, 128mb ram, 32mb graphics card) - unsurprising since it is based on the old Quake 2 engine.

X-com rocked, and for me at least, a modern version of it would be fabulous. If anyone's up for the challenge, I, at least, would be very grateful!

Looks pretty sweet and would be awesome on the pandora if it's possible and if a dev will take it on. I'll be keeping my eye on this topic :)

Tobriand said:
X-com rocked, and for me at least, a modern version of it would be fabulous. If anyone's up for the challenge, I, at least, would be very grateful!

A bit off-topic as it is not Pandora related, but I have always loved the original X-Com game and the best remake (to my knowing) out of the handful of them is Extraterrestrials. You should give it a try, if you want 'the same thing in a modern costume' :)

LINKYLINK

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very fond of UFO: Terror from the Deep, and I was positively impressed by UFO: Alien Invasion. You can count me in as a requester of UFO:AI, and I hope dosbox or something will make TftD playable on the Pandora.

I believe I might have the skills, the time and the motivation to try and port UFO:AI. Soon after I recieve my unit I will start that port unless somebody does it frist (which is probable, considering how far behind I am in the queue).

This is one of the games that was always mentioned in the 'game port' threads. It would be a really great game for the Pandora, it uses the Quake II engine so that has already been ported, I wonder how much more work this game would require to get running on the Pandora?

WhiteFalcon said:
Tobriand said:

A bit off-topic as it is not Pandora related, but I have always loved the original X-Com game and the best remake (to my knowing) out of the handful of them is Extraterrestrials. You should give it a try, if you want 'the same thing in a modern costume' :)

LINKYLINK
That looks really cool! Is it open source?
Also, back on topic, UFO:AI looks awesome enough to port as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back