Port Request: A lot ^^

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I know, some of the Members who made all these Stuff whe had on Pandora are now involving in the OS Development for Pyra, or got Family, etc..
And its not meant to be "I command you to port this and that"..

Its just that i remember some cool stuff from the Pandora whe dont have on the Pyra yet:

- The Quake Engine Ports par Exemple: Allthough whe have Doom 3, its would be cool to play Quake 1 2 3, maybe also Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and the Jedi Knight Games, as whe allready have the Data Files on prepared for the Pandora Ports..
- There was also a quite cool 3D Stunt Car Game where you had lots of Cars, Ultimative Stunts
- On Emulators, whe lack an Amiga Emulator as this was the Reason on Pandora to have a Keyboard, ..

Scummvm is no big deal, its not that Demanding so i got it from the Pyra Synaptic Package Manager ^^

I know, some of the Members who made all these Stuff whe had on Pandora are now involving in the OS Development for Pyra, or got Family, etc..
And its not meant to be "I command you to port this and that"..

Its just that i remember some cool stuff from the Pandora whe dont have on the Pyra yet:

- The Quake Engine Ports par Exemple: Allthough whe have Doom 3, its would be cool to play Quake 1 2 3, maybe also Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and the Jedi Knight Games, as whe allready have the Data Files on prepared for the Pandora Ports..
- There was also a quite cool 3D Stunt Car Game where you had lots of Cars, Ultimative Stunts
- On Emulators, whe lack an Amiga Emulator as this was the Reason on Pandora to have a Keyboard, ..

Scummvm is no big deal, its not that Demanding so i got it from the Pyra Synaptic Package Manager ^^
Is there no (easy) way to run Pandora applications on the Pyra?
I can imagine these kind of request will come more often, and not every dev is still working on the Pandora application.

Maybe its just because i got this Thing that early, and Ultimative Stunts par Exemple was added 2015 to the Pandora Repo,

Could be they just waiting until the Audio Issue is gone, as this costs a lot of Performance, .

And whit the allready existing DBP Library, whe have allready quite a luxus, : Nintendos Emulators until GBA and SNES are running perfectly, DS N64 Works but slow, , whe have even Dreamcast running perfectly ..

I dont know an Easy way to run Pandora Stuff on Pyra..

Nintendos Emulators until GBA and SNES are running perfectly, DS N64 Works but slow, , whe have even Dreamcast running perfectly ..
This is totally misleading to anyone interested in Pyra. I don't want to ruin anyone's hopes. This is just an advice to people wanting a Pyra for emulation. Do not buy it yet as an emulation machine, and I remark the "yet".

This is totally misleading to anyone interested in Pyra. I don't want to ruin anyone's hopes. This is just an advice to people wanting a Pyra for emulation. Do not buy it yet as an emulation machine, and I remark the "yet".
What? Why?
I really don't understand why you wrote that @asimov-solensan . Can you elaborate a bit?

Last edited:
Maybe Until was a bit written Wrong: GBA and SNES are also running perfectly, GBA even supports the Classic NES Titles, not even a Original GBA whit Everdrive can play..,

The DS Emulator ditnt had GL4ES as it was added in January 2021 where only Software Acclereration was supportet..

So its still needs some time to implement these things..
and as i said: the lives of the Members who made the Pandora Software might have changed since the Pandora Days, so might be some are currently working on the stuff, but as they have to take care of childs and husbands, its might be not that much output than when they where younger..

I will make some proper Gameplay today, now that i know that the Emu EX Alpha have a Turbo Button in the Menue, and you can play Master System on the Megadrive Emulator.., its not that i dont have enough stuff to play..

Reactions: rSl
What? Why?
I really don't understand why you wrote that @asimov-solensan . Can you elaborate a bit?
I'm testing things and writing feedback in the relevant threads. I won't go one by one in this thread again.

That said don't read this as a rant to developers. Quite the opposite, thanks a lot for the work done. I still have have faith on all software becoming better with time.

I have a few things but they're all Debian Bullseye only which is WIP and unreleased: ScummVM, Nanosaur, Bugdom. ScummVM works fine from the debian repo though!

:)

I did some ports for q1 and q2. But i think most of the ports wouldnt be that difficult to get running, im guessing gl4es is already running since pitiseb has had hw for awhile. That would make it even easier to port some engines i.e q2, hexen 2, d1x, d2x.
Im guessing someone will come along with a pyra and the ability to compile and release them.
Id would do it myself, but i just dont see able to being able to spend the amount that a pyra cost right now.
Usually its a matter of time with these things.

Ok, so whe are just too early for more of the stuff,
The Stuff whe have is allready fine, back then i wantet my Pandora for playing Gameboy Games originally, and the Pyra plays Gameboy Games also ^^

Back