Poor Stereo Separation

Discussion in 'I need help' started by lnx64, Nov 8, 2010.

1. lnx64

lnx64 Member

I'm having a slight issue with my Wiz.. Stereo separation is just poor.. Left channel is always left, but right channel bleeds into left..

This is most noticeable in Sonic on PicoDrive, as each rings collected alternates between left and right channel, and left is alright, but when I get a ring that plays on the right channel, it nearly sounds mono.. Does this on the built in speakers and headphones..

Tags:
  2. Mr.TwisT

Mr.TwisT Member

Are you using Win2x?

3. lnx64

lnx64 Member

I have it on the SD card, but don't use it.. It does this directly from the Wiz's own launcher, or music player..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  4. Mr.TwisT

Mr.TwisT Member

That is weird. I know win2x has some audio issues but only if it's installed. Otherwise it could be a hardware bug. Have you tried reflashing the firmwarE?

5. lnx64

lnx64 Member

Ok, so I just got another Wiz, one from ThinkGeek, SAME problem.. Left channel is left, but right channel is bled into the left.

This is clearly a design flaw on GPH's part, and a poor one at that..

6. lnx64

lnx64 Member

So I guess being that two entirely different Wiz's having the same issue means that the Wiz is just bad at simple stereo separation..

And judging by the lack of response, there's no hardware mod or fix.. (Or people just don't notice that the right channel bleeds into the left channel)..