• No one, we should be forever independant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It'll never happen, period

• GeneralNMX and his army of clone robots

• Total voters

mattmagoo posted on Sep 21 2004 at 09:08 PM said:
no-offense, i can agree with opinion, but believing this will be possible without mass genocide is foolish

What are you on about? No one has ruled the world yet, why should anyone in the future?

Probably the most bizarre poll yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
finty101 posted on Sep 21 2004 at 07:10 PM said:
Oh, and all communism will fall, leaving the world to slowly rot, until it's gone. George Bush will live on mars though.

I think most of the time Bush IS on mars, mentally that is :p

Jr2swiss posted on Sep 21 2004 at 04:16 PM said:
generalnmx posted on Sep 21 2004 at 07:25 AM said:
finty101 posted on Sep 21 2004 at 02:00 AM said:
Dude, where the fucks Ireland?

Isn't that part of Europe?

Lol, Generalnmx sees no future in Ireland. Ireland is just a place in Europe with no significant point of existance in the eyes of GeneralNMX. :p

I only have 15 poll options, and I have my reasons for these options :p

Really, I'm surprised people say we should remain forever independant. How can we grow as a race if we are fragmented into squabbling pieces? Remember, the question is who SHOULD rule the world, not who WILL rule the world.

generalnmx posted on Sep 22 2004 at 12:27 AM said:
I only have 15 poll options, and I have my reasons for these options :p

Really, I'm surprised people say we should remain forever independant. How can we grow as a race if we are fragmented into squabbling pieces? Remember, the question is who SHOULD rule the world, not who WILL rule the world.

Who said we would have to squabble if independant?
Who says we would NOT squabble if under one ruler?

Just look at Iraq (before the US invasion) they were under one ruler and the different factions would squabble.

What would be the language of the one nation? English? Chinese?
What would be the religeon of the new world order? Or would that be independent? If independant you can see how that works out Muslims, Christians and Jews all getting along? Will never happen. If one religeon what would it be? how would you convert the ones that didn't like the new one?
Or should we just say that God is fake and abolish it all together? That would eliminate alot of fighting.

I think before we can think about who SHOULD rule the world we need to think if it would be possible. If I had to pick again maybe would say a super powerful UN.

We humans aren't evolved enough to become one, we are still too primitive and barbaric.

mattmagoo posted on Sep 21 2004 at 09:08 PM said:
hahaha at a lot of americas are dumbasses

watching TV the other day and there were many many people saying that they were voting for GWB because he would make sure jobs go to Americans

but the reason companies hire foreigners is because:

a.) they are willing to work
b.) they dont whine about not having jobs
c.) they are willign to get paid less
d.) they won't try to eat the machinery

EDIT: who are the seven dumbasses that voted "No one, we should be forever independant"?

no-offense, i can agree with opinion, but believing this will be possible without mass genocide is foolish

Well, yes alot of us Americans are dumb, but alot of people in general anywhere are dumb. Believe me America has no exclusives on morons.

The reason companies hire foreiners is really because:

A) they are willing to work? Um according to statistics Americans work 9 weeks longer per year than Europeans. So that statement is false.

b.) they dont whine about not having jobs - that is because they HAVE jobs as you just said companies hire foreigners. ;)

c.) they are willign to get paid less - Yeah alot less, like what 50 cents a day in China. Would YOU bust your ass for 50 cents a day?

d.) they won't try to eat the machinery - Mmmmm tasty.

DaveC posted on Sep 21 2004 at 01:17 AM said:
Freeing the oppressed? Freeing them from living yes. Don't believe the hype. Do you have any idea of how many civilians, you know innocent women, men and children, were killed and mamed by us? Thousands. I wouldn't think you would know as that is not reported on very much. What about all of the other countries with oppressive dictators? Why not blow them up too? Oh wait they are either too tough or don't have any oil for us.

GWB: Attacking Iraq because they have WMD.

Ok no WMD, so we are attacking them to free them, yeah that is it. Wait they are shooting at us and not greeting us with music and throwing flowers.

Ok not freeing them, fighting terrorism yeah that is it terrorism, the ultimate catch all.

Talk about a "flip flopper"

So we're disregarding the mass graves of 100,000+ Iraqis that Saddam himself murdered?

This was a pre-emptive strike. True, we have not found WMDs, and, yes, we may never find them. Did Saddam want them? Yes. Would he use them? In a heartbeat (if not on us, on our allies). Did Saddam support terrorist? Yes. He gave several thousand dollars to the family of every Palestinian suicide bomber.

We saw what ignoring the threat led to with Afghanistan. If you're willing to have another tragedy, so be it. But I am not.

And yes, slowly we will weed out all the dangerous, terrorist regimes in this world. But we mustn't spread ourselves too thin; this will be a long process. And you would be a fool to believe such a thing could be done without casualties, but I'm very interested to see the source of this hot information you have ("Do you have any idea of how many civilians, you know innocent women, men and children, were killed and mamed by us? Thousands.").

Please, enlighten me.

Ah well it was worth a shot. I was trying to get a serious discussion going here, but it just turned into a USA and GWB bashing. I wanted this to be about the future of humanity, but it's just talking about the current stupidity of humanity. Such events as the ones occuring now may live on as horrible deeds, but the reason why the USA invaded Iraq, or their actions in Iraq, is getting too far off-topic and will most likely dominate the topic as people have very passionate opinions about it.

Normally, I would just split the topic, but I don't think that'll work in this case - people will start using both threads, as they did they there was another thread about this issue. In fact, I'm a little annoyed that people are using this thread as an excuse to bitch about the Iraq situation, and in situations when I'm annoyed, I abuse my moderator powers. But I can't do that in this situation since I'm from the USA, which would make me seem biased, dispite my opinions on the matter (I'm not exactly "patriotic" in the re-defined sense of the word). So I'll consider this debate a lost cause and only leave the poll open.

Back