PokerTH - is a port possible?

Uh, this game wasn't made for Mobile resolutions, it seems? :D

No propper onscreen scaling of each game element?

Not really. I know there exists a theme for the Maemo that is 800x480, and although better than the one in the screenshot, still really isn't "acceptable" (buttons off screen, things overlaying, etc.). But I bet we can make one that's real nicelike.

Good reason to start coding a dedicated Pandora Poker game, with Computer Player Support, right? ;) :lol:
Ha, lemme get right on that. [/joking]

Though one could probably take the Gnome Games card game code and build some other games out of it, it's not quite up my alley. I'm happy enough to get PokerTH going.

Ginge would be an easy answer to those two games; if the licenses are good we can even wrap them up with ginge and upload them to the repo.

Most of the heavy lifting is done for PokerTH, the theme stuff should be easier, so I'll have that uploaded in a day or so.

damn, you should announce a little pandora-poker-tournament when releasing it. would be awesome.

hm, looks like I have to start contacting people? ^_^

I never looked closely into the themes of PokerTH, it is not as easy as rescaling the images for the buttons etc. I assume?

hm, looks like I have to start contacting people? ^_^

I never looked closely into the themes of PokerTH, it is not as easy as rescaling the images for the buttons etc. I assume?
Ha, nope.

Some elements float. Each player, for example, will move if you increase the window size (they move down vertically, so the spacing is similar). However, I do believe their size is fixed somewhere (code or theme, but I'm thinking code). So simply making, say, the 'Bid' button smaller doesn't do much at all, and the others below it are still off screen.

It might be a simple fix, but I still need to get the development environment set up (borks on Angstrom, but QT compiled nicely in Debian, and I have a Debian on Pandora SD Card, too). Plus my day job, ha ha.

I see ... the size of the entire table can be fixed in the theme (.xml file). But that's all unfortunately. Looks like each player get's a field of fixed size on the screen (called "toolbox"?), and that size can not be changed in the theme.

Any open source Mobile Poker games available for porting? I'm sure there are many Poker games for Android and iPhone & Co. and I'm sure they would match perfectly on the Pandora Screen. :) However, I know most of them are not Open Source. ^^""

Mr Rob - Any progress lately? Would a £5 pound bounty, or whatever the nett about could be by the time it hits your paypal account, help?

Mr Rob - Any progress lately? Would a £5 pound bounty, or whatever the nett about could be by the time it hits your paypal account, help?
My God, you're psychic.

Using my Debian on my SD, I finally got PokerTH to build correctly last night (building on Angstrom doesn't play nice, but I've ported other things using Debian and it works, eventually). I was also playing with the QT layout editor last night, so it's just a matter of resizing things and moving elements around to create a new theme compatible with our special build. I was hoping to finish up a beta of that tonight or tomorrow, actually.

So, if everything goes well, results soon.

Attached is a 800x480 screenshot of a modified/ugly PokerTH setup that'll eventually perfect.

I've tinkered with resizing some objects (the cards are at about 75% of the original). But it should at least show that such a thing is possible. It's more than just a theme update, I need to modify the source to resize elements as well, and then build, etc. But it's getting closer; I need to make more tweaks to some sizes, and then reposition them using the QT graphical editor (GUI editors are not my friend), but we'll have something beta to test, soon.

Screenshot-PokerTH 0.8.3 - The Open-Source Texas Holdem Engine.png

There really is alot of stuff on the screen, no wonder that it's getting tight there. ^^" Some elements seems to be cut off and the table graphics seems to vanish somehow, maybe this also could be resized?

Maybe you can "imitate" a dedicated mobile Poker App GUI? There are tons out there but I don't know how customizable PokerTH is.

This layout here looks pretty mobile friendly:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Ok2CfJ4dDM?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I don't want to do too many modifications. Tweaking seems the best....

Attached is what I have building at the moment on my Pandora. I'm actually quite satisfied with it at the moment, it just takes a while to get used the the QT GUI maker (and rebuilding takes a while). Plus I've taken a few liberties, those buttons'll be much easier to hit with the touchscreen than what was before. I'm not quite sure why the avatars are being cut off; rather curious. But it's enough for a beta at the moment.

I'mma wrap this up and stick it in a Beta PND (probably in a new thread). That'll take a bit, but we'll see something before the end of the day if all goes well.

Screenshot-PokerTH 0.8.3 - The Open-Source Texas Holdem Engine-2.png

Back