Maemo pandora

Geze

Still Fresh
To begin, sorry for my bad English.

I've been watching the Nokia N900 running on the Maemo operating system. My question is, Is it possible that the pandora to work with some version of Maemo? If so, what version?

I await your answers, thanks and greetings from Mexico City

[ Maemo ]

At first glance, it should be possible since the N900 and the Pandora have nearly the same hardware, of course its easier said than done. You wouldn't be able to have N900 like multitasking though, because the Pandora lacks the virtual RAM.

Greetings from Mexico City as well ;)

There is currently no port of Maemo available for the Pandora. I don't expect that there any fundamental barriers for porting it over to the Pandora, but so far there don't seem to be any developers willing to take it on.

@south87

The virtual memory can be stored on SD cards instead.

Then just have to adapt to hardware Maemo Pandora, is it?

I Maemo OS is a very good (to my point of view), I'd like to see work from the Pandora, we could work in the community to achieve something.

Mmmm ... one more question, can run pandora Meego (derived from Maemo)

:) Thanks and regards

Bumping old topic won't magically get things done.

You're right

I figured bumping was one way of showing continued interest in an otherwise abandoned thread

Maybe you could share why you are interested. The repo of Pandora is far superiour to that of meamo as far as I can tell (I recently bought a N900)

Back