Release PokéMini Emulator (Pokemon Mini)

Wally

I am a banana!
Hi Folks,

Just informing you that I have ported the PokéMini Emulator and its avaliable from the Open Handhelds Archive <--

Controls:

X = B

B = A

L Trigger = Shock

R Trigger = C

Start = Return to Menu

FN + F10 = Fullscreen

The Pokemon Mini was a handheld console by Nintendo, a sort of Diet Game Boy, but dedicated to Pokemon games.

Great emulator, but can you add in true fullscreen? Playing Pokemon Mini in that small of an area is a real pain in the ass.

Also, fixing the controls would help; sometimes the buttons don't respond as they should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great emulator, but can you add in true fullscreen? Playing Pokemon Mini in that small of an area is a real pain in the ass.

Also, fixing the controls would help; sometimes the buttons don't respond as they should.

True fullscreen is a bit of a task and everything would look really pixelated :p (The emulator froze on me everytime I tried real fullscreen)

Explain about the buttons. I think this is also the nature of the emulator

True fullscreen is a bit of a task and everything would look really pixelated :p (The emulator froze on me everytime I tried real fullscreen)

Explain about the buttons. I think this is also the nature of the emulator

I don't care if things look pixelated, I'd rather have it full-screen than have to squint.

As for the buttons? They don't respond as often as I'd like. In one game, I had to set the clock/calendar before I started. Had a hell of a time with that; the cursor (D-Pad) wouldn't respond properly, either not recognizing input or going all the way to the other side. The mouse cursor was visible; might that have something to do with it?

Also, in Pokemon Tetris, it wouldn't let me start a game. I used a button to go to the main menu, and attempted to use the same button to select Single Player; no luck.

So funny I was able to compile my C compiler for PokeMini on the Pandora. Then compiled the assembler. Build my PokeMon mini game on the Pandora itself and ran it in this emulator (not sure if I compiled the emulator too). So Pandora is also a cross platform development device. ;-)

Oh and BTW the stupid Pokemon Mini device name just gives it bad press. In the end Pokemon Mini is simply a very small gameboy. With the backlight mod and the flashcard it's my most beloved device. Yes, I am gadget maniac and have dozens of portable gaming devices, but still PokeMini won it for me. Next step is to contact Ben Heckendorn and see if something can be done to make it even smaller and more robust.

Back