Pocketsnes Sound Problem

charlieb

I was playing Chrono Trigger and I got the the stage where it goes all mode7 for the robot race so I thought I'd turn the sound off (along with disabling transparency and overclocking to 250). When I finished the race (I won) I tried to turn the sound back on (along with transparency and clocking to 200) but now I get no sound and when I have sound turned on and I change locations (i.e. when the screen fades out and back in) the game stalls until I turn the sound off again.
Unfortunatelly I don't have a saved state from before the problem occurred just after so I can't go back and win the race with sound and all that to see if that works.

Does anyone have any ideas about getting sound back.

Cheers,
Charlie

erase the config file, and start it again. All your settings will have to be reinstated again but it should work as before.

evol said:
erase the config file, and start it again. All your settings will have to be reinstated again but it should work as before.
If is happens again I will try that, sadly in a feat in incredible malcoodination I managed to save rather than load that particular slot when I first loaded the rom yesterday afternoon. So I'm starting again and I'm not going to touch the sound settings and just overclock if I need to (I was slightly disapointed by the race in Chrono Trigger and I think I could probably still win even if it's a little stuttery)

Cheers
Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the old "save instead of load" mistake... did the exact same thing a few years ago playing Chrono Trigger! great game but i'd got quite far, had no recent backups, and didn't have the heart to start again...

sorry, bit OT!

mrsnature said:
I hate the old "save instead of load" mistake... did the exact same thing a few years ago playing Chrono Trigger! great game but i'd got quite far, had no recent backups, and didn't have the heart to start again...

sorry, bit OT!
Yeah I've started a two tier save, I like to use only one save; it stops backtracking time wasting, fun sapping battle optimization but now I have save 1 as the most recent save and save 2 as the start of section save. That way I have less chance to overwrite both saves.

C

mrsnature said:

sorry, bit OT!
I feel your pain! I did the same thing while playing CT on the Game Cube.

Back