Sega Cd Game With Picodrive Have Sound Problem

renejr902

Website
Visit site
the sound is bugging very often with sonic Cd and Shining Force cd. what i can do ?? i cant live with it when the sound is bugging. ( i think the sound is stuttering, im not sure about the meaning of stuttering very well LOL). its like it skip a little when playing. but very annoying with shining force in battle. in sonic cd the music always bugging.

i try my roms with my pc with a sega cd emulator and all working great. But i want to play these games with my gp2x :)

my mp3 and my games are not compressed.

Thanks for help.

renejr902 said:
its like it skip a little when playing. but very annoying with shining force in battle. in sonic cd the music always bugging.
Did you try to change the clock frequency? As I recall, CD games usually need at least 200MHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have a configuration issue. Download the just released version and extract it to a clean new folder. Then try loading the game again, without changing config.
If that doesn't help, you have unsupported MP3 format. PicoDrive does not support as many MP3 formats as PC emus do. You will need to make/find another rip.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i found the problem, after a few hours of testing.

this option was ON = sound arm core 940

when i put it OFF = the problem with the sega cd game end.

Im happy all games works perfect now :)

anyway what is this arm core 940 anyway ? what is for Notaz ?

When set to "On" the 2. CPU (called ARM940T) will be used for sound calculating. It's used to get some more performance out of the GP2x.

Regards.
Stephan

Back