Pnds Only Work From Home Directory

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hello

I have an issue with my Pandora, in that I can only get a PND to work if I download it from the web, and 'save' directly to my home directory, (or a subfolder of it) untouched.

When I do this, they appear as a document icon with a little folded over corner and they run correctly when double-clicked.

If I save them anywhere else, or copy them to an SD card etc, then they lose their document icon and become a diamond shaped application icon which do nothing when double-clicked. If I hold the stylus down I get the option to 'Execute' which does nothing, or 'Open with' which leads me to a menu to choose an application to use to open the file, none of which are 'Run PND application' so I'm stuck.

Consequently, I can only use as many PNDs as will fit in the inbuilt storage of the Pandora in my home directory, so it's not very usable.

Am I doing something wrong? I have read other posts which suggest a reflash for similar issues, is this prudent? How would I go about it?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

make a folder on your SD card called 'pandora'

inside this make 2 subfolders 'desktop' and 'menu'

Any PNDs you put in 'menu' will appear in the menu, and PNDs inside 'desktop' will appear on the desktop.

The OPT have said that they haven't yet set up the file associations for PNDs, so you can't run them directly from the file manager. In fact, I'm surprised you were able to run them from the home directory. If you want, you can run them from the command line using "pnd_run yourapplication.pnd", but Pleng's suggestion is the proper way to do it.

Back