PNDs in /pandora/desktop

hmc

Hi guys,

this may be a dumb question.. so sorry if it is ;-)

But - for the frist time now I put some PNDs into the /pandora/desktop directory of my SD card, and assumed that the PND system will create shortcuts on the desktop, which I can start the programs with.

Not so - on the desktop there are now ".desktop" files, and if I click them, the Mousepad editor opens and shows the contents of the desktop files.

As far as I know, .desktop files are the correct starting point for a program launcher.

So, the problem might not be the PND system, but XFCE not handling the .desktop files on the desktop correctly?

Any pointers?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

what firmware hotfix are you using? HF6 is the latest, have you made any adjustments to the OS? or kernel?

I am running HF6, with no significant adjustments to OS or kernel (to my knowledge).

Of course I adapted a lot of settings of my system, but nothing obviously related to handling of .desktop files on the desktop...

What could matter is that I didn't flash the entire HF6 firmware, but I think I flashed the HF5 firmware back then and later upgraded using HF6.

What's non-standard here is that I didn't install the FW on NAND, but on an SD card's first partition.

Daniel

It should work fine, I think it might be an issue of upgrading to HF6, I think a few people have had problems. Try a reinstall.

okay will do. I planned a complete reinstall anyway, after testing some things I, which I didn't want to sacrifice a new clean system for.

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Daniel

ok well I know it sounds like a pain but the quickest way I would handle this is just to flash HF6 from scratch to ur SD card using the sd card installer (you also have options for creating swap space using this too :) )

http://repo.openpand...tall-2011-03-10

wow, thanks, I wasn't aware that there is an SD installer! Will try it tomorrow on a spare SD card.

I did this all manually by now, including swap space setup.

Daniel

Back