Pandora PNDs I'd like to see...

Nice! Now if you could somehow do a GLES version, that would make a great compo entry in the "ported games" category!

My first experience with OpenGL -> GL-ES has not been entirely satisfying (it was Teewords, the GL-ES part works, but the games is unstable and not really useable)... But I'll probably look at how the GLES part of iJumpman works...

By the way, here are 2 screenshots (from the PND) of the game (Jumpman)...

preview6.pngpreview4.png

(I taken more, let the SnapSnap timer runing a long time, but just *foulishly* deleted them after selecting a few for the PND).

i'd like to see "Mangler". Doesn't support teamspeak or skype, but ventrilo would be a possibility.

You could try to use jwzgles or something, if you don't want to do the conversion yourself.

There are some simple displaylists in there (I hate those in congersions as you have to render the whole list everytime it is called basically...)

But else it shouldn't be a big problem to convert it. You can get the latest glues_cm from lunixbochs git.

About Jumpman, after seeing the Youtube video, I can defenitly say the MesaGL port is too slow. I will take a look at the complexity of the GLES port..

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Even still its a fun little game.  I suppose speed would make it a little more challenging. ;)   The physics are pretty cool once you get your jump on.

I started taking a look.

It is based on ftgl for the text. It use part of the librarie to make a custom static one. I try to use to gles port from sebt3, but some function that jumpman wants are not converted. So progress is slow.

If I succeed to give its correct speed back, it will be more challenging  :lol:   for sure. At this speed, it's still not too easy, but I can go fairly far with not too much difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now HERE'S aPND I'd like to see, if someone has a sense of humor and the inclination:

"Jerry Ford's Golf"

For those of you too young to remember, Jerry Ford (President after Nixon) was a notoiously bad golfer with a knack for hitting spectators with his drives.

So, here's the game - You are Jerry Ford, standing at the tee,

Across the playing area, various famous and infamous personages appear and disappear.  Your object, hit one of them for points.

We could have these targets, to name only a few:

Saddam Hussein

Osama bin Laden

George W Bush

Ronald Reagan

Margaret Thatcher

Tony Blair

etc. etc. etc.

Wouldn't this be a fun game??

I started taking a look.
It is based on ftgl for the text. It use part of the librarie to make a custom static one. I try to use to gles port from sebt3, but some function that jumpman wants are not converted. So progress is slow.

If I succeed do give its correct speed back, it will be more challenging  :lol:   for sure. At this speed, it's still not too easy, but I can go fairly far with not too much difficulty.
Lunixbochs has tried to use his libgl replacement with it. But gets a segfault. Maybe you two could cooperate.

"If you go dig in the code for the iPhone version (in the same repo), it's basically a GLES port of the pc version."  Not sure if that helps, but that's direct from the author.

I have taken a quick look at the iPhone, and, hum, I don't find it to be basicaly the same... I try to do the port the old way. For now, to create some warpper function for the glList function Jumpman uses. I still need some hours of work, all this is quite new for me. It's time to sleep for me, I hope to have some progress in a day or 2...

I'm renewing my request for libre office. I tried abiword, and found that it crashes when attempting to open an odt file it did not create.

I would like a port of spelunky. I have no idea how feasible this is, but it is one of my favorite games and I think it would be neat on a handheld.

I'm renewing my request for libre office. I tried abiword, and found that it crashes when attempting to open an odt file it did not create.
I using Abiword, but I installed from Angstrom repo, with some other plug-ins, now I can create and open .doc and .odt.

MarTinazzI

I would like a port of spelunky. I have no idea how feasible this is, but it is one of my favorite games and I think it would be neat on a handheld.
The original is free, and has the source on the website. I don't see anything about requirements though.

Back