.pnd troubles etc...

sean1279

Still Fresh
My poor Pandora's been collecting dust and I've only had it a week! Very, very few things work and I'm hoping I can get some help. My biggest problem is that I cannot run any .pnd files. Sometimes I can get the SNES emulator to go, but essentially everything else does nothing when I open it. Some bug out right away, like Pandora Panic! and then I have to reboot.

Getting to the internet is painful. I have to enable the wireless, wait for it to find the signal, THEN the speed is horrible!? Why?

The nubs are unreliable as a mouse. Sometimes it mouse cruises, most of the time it takes forever for it to get to the other end of the screen.

I waited sooooo long for this and now I can see it, but I can't use it!

Please can you provide more information on what your problem is with the PNDs - knowing which ones specifically, and exactly what happens, would be tremendously useful in making suggestions as to what you can do about it. ;) (With the description you've provided, it could be any number of things.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you set up your SD card folders according to the guide here?

Re: Wifi, it works like it does on a desktop PC, because we're running a desktop version of Linux basically. There may be ways to have it autoconnect to preferred networks on boot - to be honest I haven't played with this much, perhaps someone else can chime in. The speed itself can vary. You should experiment with channels. Work continues on the driver, Notaz released a new one recently (check the beta forum).

Try calibrating your nubs: http://pandorawiki.org/Nubs and also experiment with mouse settings to make them feel right (many people turn acceleration off).

Don't be disheartened, it can take a little while to warm up to everything. (Personally it took me many weeks to like the nubs - other people meshed with them instantly). Little tweaks to get everything happening the way you want are par for the course. They make it all the more rewarding in the end. :)

Back