Please Make Forums Available For Guests!

HEP

In order to read some of the forums here, you have to be logged in. This is really annoying me, because I don't want to use the "Always log in" option for security reasons. What is the reasons for this setting? Not allowing writing for guests is standard and good, because it helps against trolls, but why not allow reading?

AFAIK all forums beside beta testing are not restricted to read by guests. Let me know which partuculary forum is not availiable for guest and i'll fix it.

hando posted on Feb 4 2007 at 02:12 PM said:
AFAIK all forums beside beta testing are not restricted to read by guests. Let me know which partuculary forum is not availiable for guest and i'll fix it.
General [GP2X] -> I need help
and Development [ GP2X ] -> I need help (dev stuff only)

I would like to see this fixed too :),
because my mobile phone doesn't save usernames + passwords :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree that it stay disabled on a forum that would need more members, as it encourages registration.

On GP32X however, that isn't an issue. It should stay viewable for guests as well, as it will prevent a small percent of stupid, irritating questions such as "why are there pretty colours on my screen when I turn it on?!?!?! Help me!!!!!", etc. ;)

I guess once people bother registering, they feel it's their right to ask whatever questions they have- no matter how many times it could have been addressed.

I stumbled over alot of those annoying messages that the forum was err i skip here... some posts (followed by the main page) werent available without logged in - i forgot the error message which kept appearing...

I usually hate to register / login - so its convenient not to have to do. (although i regretted not being registered and not being able to post a few times)

Back