Please Help With Atari Lynx Emulator

Richo

Still Fresh
Hi All
I have recently tried the Atari Lynx emulator PHandy but I am having a few problems. I only have a few original Lynx games so I was limited to what I could try with it.

Most of the games worked fine but I when I loaded Toki the character was jumping all the time, as if the jump button was stuck ( not sure if its button A or B ). When I held the jump button down though it stopped jumping.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this game? When I get home I can give some more information, like what version I am using, though I believe its the latest one. I have a BLU+ 166MHZ gp32_console .

Thanks in advance
Richo

I'm using the latest version and will test when I get home later (unless someone posts beforehand).

:)

there are some games that just don't work. I haven't tried Toki, but Desert Strike doesn't work, it won't go past the title screen, and Jimmy Connors Tennis does not work.

OK, I might just be unlucky and my favourite Lynx game won't work :(

Is there any other consoles which have a similar version of Toki? The Lynx version looks just like the original arcade. I know there is a Megadrive/Genesis Toki game, going ape split or something, but its nothing like the Lynx one.

I assume there will be little chance of the arcade version ever being emulated through MAME?

its true the latest version of phandy (or what ever its called) does have bugs in quite a few games but runs other games at full speed no probs. This annoyed the hell out of me because the previous release had full compatibility but was a little slower than the newb version. Im glad i have the previous release to be honest. The new one has covered over some problems we had before with speed but has opened up 100 new ones in many titles. I appreciate what dev'ers do for us but why fix something that isnt broken unless you hope to improve on it. This is not a improvement unless you like the fancy title screen.

Find a older version - you will be much happier, I can promise you that. Im a big fan of the lynx haveing owned one back in the day with almost all the games (well thats not a hard claim). I can remember now what it was like to get punched in the head defending the claim the lynx is more powerful than your shitty gameboy/gamegear. Brings back such fond memories !!

the GBC had a game released called toki tori(platform/puzzle like game) but I don't know what the lynx toki is like

the lynx Toki, if i remember correctly, is like the arcade version, your a monkey that goes around shooting spitballs to kill stuff, it was a side scroller, platform game.

I have the same problem on some games like someone is constantly pressing the a button - :( I'm using a flu by the way toki is one of the same games blue lightening another

Richo said:
OK, I might just be unlucky and my favourite Lynx game won't work sad.gif
Have tested and works ok with Phandy 0.3f.

Thanks GA01 I'll try that version tonight.

the lynx Toki, if i remember correctly, is like the arcade version, your a monkey that goes around shooting spitballs to kill stuff, it was a side scroller, platform game.

Yes, thats the one :)

You can play Toki on NES works great with Little John...

I didn't realise that, I'll check it out, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back