Please Don't Flame-free Launcher

tedvan

Still Fresh
I've read every post for the past year, I've gotten up to speed on every firmware available. I still can't get my old GP32 to launch anything. I've read about cracked free launchers. I've read and tried flashing the unit. Nothing works for me. I'm sorry. I've tried to read everything before asking. I'm not a youngster,but a 36 year old guy who loves retro gaming.. I already have all the old consoles (including a fairchild channel f) to all the new ones. I need help. I can't flash without a free launcher so I think. Am I a complete idiot? Can someone be nice enough to put it in simple terms for even myself. If this finds someone as redundant, I apologize. Seriously, I've read about Darth Fader, Slubman, Auqua Fish....trust me, I'm making donations to these amazing people. I used to code for the Apple II. when I was a kid....don't laugh....but I understand the hard work......the fun when you finally have a eureka moment....but now I just feel old and a little dumb......thanks in advance for any help.

Ted Vanderveen
Retro-Gamer

To get freelauncher you'll need GPS2 (Which you can get here), load it on your computer with your GP32 attached to the computer and get the PDUID then goto #gp32 on EFnet with mirc or a similar irc client. Then use !encrypt PDUID free_launcher and CoreDump should message you with a link to download a freelauncher encrypted to your gp32, have fun :)

(I kinda doubt you've read EVER post from the last year cause I remember doing this about a month or two ago with another person... not judging just stating)

I've tried that. I have the ID numbers from the program you offer. But, it doesn't reply anymore on IRC, at least in the way you describe. When I get to @COREDUMP, it doesn't reply back. I've been told that it is not working anymore. Can you confirm it still works? Am I doing something wrong.

tedvan posted on Oct 4 2005 at 08:58 AM said:
I've tried that. I have the ID numbers from the program you offer. But, it doesn't reply anymore on IRC, at least in the way you describe. When I get to @COREDUMP, it doesn't reply back. I've been told that it is not working anymore. Can you confirm it still works? Am I doing something wrong.

You know what is funny. Everybody seems to think the IRC site is working. Well if you think that, you are flat out wrong. Thanks to the people who helped, I got it to work. For everybody else who thinks conventional ways still work, well hate to say it, but give it up....you are wrong. This is in response to the negative messages I've received. But, thank goodness there are a few decent people left. Everyone else, get up to speed. And, Hooka, I don't mean you. Seriously, thanks for trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for their response and help.

I got it sorted out and working. Hooka, your response is the one that did the trick. Thanks!

Back