Free Launcher Won't Work

Forevereon

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, I have a serious problem that needs to be helped quickly, please. This is not one of those "Where can I get the free launcher" questions, this is a MY FREE LAUNCHER DOES NOT WORK.

I did all the registration, did all the installation, compiled the smc, installed the launcher, ect ect, got very excited, booted the system, clicked GAME, and guess what?

Instead of anything saying there is a file launcher, there is a blue bar, then when I click start, it loads up! But, and this is the shitter part, it shows the files I want to load, let's me highlight them, but then when I click A it brings up a Korean message containing something I can't read and also letter A (presumably press A), and then nothing. I close it and reopen it. No matter what button I push nothing will load, and I can't reflash unless I can load.

This sucks. Please, someone help me. I already tried clearing my cache and redownloading four times to no avail, and I do NOT want to have to send this back.

Calm down!

That is what norrmally pops up, what are you trying to launch?

Maybe the FXE is broken. You dont have MultiFW so I'm guessing you got from Lik Sang? If you got it from GBAX then you should have pacrom which eliminates the need to use the freelauncer, hold select on startup to find it.

Hey you live near me sort of.

Yay, a Canadian, my family is Canadian kick ass!

Alright, this is what is going on. Yes, I installed everything perfect as best as can be done. Yes, I tried a few times to fix this by reinstalling everything. Yes, it's from Lik-Sang. No, it's not like I trust them but it was cheaper than anywhere else.

I spent the last two weeks practicing on the GeePee emulator learning the ropes and how to do things, so I became pretty good with everything. Though, since the GeePee does not need the free launcher, I never used it.

So anyway, the GP boots up like normal with all the chimes and bells, and I click GAME, from GAME it looks normal except what I'm sure is supposed to be a list, there is a thick blue bar. When I hit START from there, I get the Free Launcher. That looks like it loads up right. However, when the free launcher loads up, I get my list of programs. I have several, I know they all work, I tested them on GeePee. Now, I can scroll if I want, but the only button that does anything is A, and when I push it over a program it brings up a text box in Korean that says things I don't understand because they are in Korean, and near the end is the letter A, and I'm pretty sure it means press A to end/continue. It's like an error message. I can push A and get out, and then scroll around and only press A again, to bring the box up. I have no idea what is wrong.

Also, holding select during startup does nothing. =\

Yes, and I don't like him. He made my city look like a run down Ghetto just to make GM look bad, when in truth Flint is a great city, and the part I live in is very nice and very like any other city. It's just when you do go into the Ghetto, it's terrible. However what Mike did not say was that GM didnt create the Ghetto, drugs and alchol and bad parenting created the Ghetto in Flint.

But let's try to stay on topic. I'm freaking out.

Hmm.... I wan't to help you but I don't know how I could. I've never flashed to a new firmware myself but I'm sure there is a way to flash with a GXB file so it would not need the free launcher so you could just flash to Aquafish or GPBios and run programs from there.

Ah yes, that would be neat, except I want to solve the problem, not get around it. I really would like to know why the free launcher is not working, and what that error message is.

I don't think its an error message, thats just a thing they put saying that the FXE is launching. It did that when I used the official FW. But your seams to be freezing. I dunno how you can find out whats wrong and I dont see whats wrong with getting around it :p

Anyways I have to get off the computer now so I can't help you anymore but lots of people are online I think so they can helpo you!

Just flash to a new bios, convert fw.fxe to fw.gxe with unfxe, then put a firmware into gp:/ as fw.bin, then run pclink on the gp32 and use gprun to load up the gxe

Hi Foreveron,

Having got my GP32 from lik-sang (very reliable btw ... use them all the time) I got exactly the same scenario as you.

Out of interest, if you install the freelauncher on the geepee32 emu, using an SMC image, you'll get the same behaviour with the korean popup box. It is just a requestor asking if you're sure you want to start the free executable you selected. And as you've figured pressing 'A' confirms and will start to load the rom.

There's a couple of reasons why you could be getting errors. There are a number of people have reported problems using the PClink cable when loading large files to the SMC. The files were being corrupted during the install. This could be what you're seeing. Try loading the apps via a card reader and see if that helps.

It is also possible that your batteries are low on power. One of the symptoms of the GP32 not having enough juice is random crashes. So you could try changing the batteries for a new set. As eveyone will tell you, use a nice new set, not something you 'borrowed' from the hi-fi remote :)

Finally, and the real solution to the problem is to update the firmware on the GP32 to one which has english language support. If you're looking to do development or suchlike, then go with a multifw (you'll find them in the downloads). If not, then I'd go with the european beta firmware (the one I use so I know it's good). It doesn't need the freeloader so that should solve that problem and it's all in english so it should make your life easier.

Hope that helps.

Actually the problem was a bad smc card, and the problem is fixed now with a fresh new one. Thanks for everyones help. My gamepark rocks now.

By the way, does any of the gba emulators work, and if they dont play gba, do they have multiple gb rom selector. The one I have now only lets you select one.

Back