Playstation2 Usb Adaptors With Mame4All

craigletheren

Still Fresh
Hi,

Has anyone had any success using a PlayStation2 joypad with the GP2x F200 using a USB adaptor? I have a spare PS2 controller and was hoping to use it with Mame on my F200, but I do not know which adaptor to buy (if any). There are so many available on the market.

Many thanks.

yep, I do!

I don't remember the product name, sorry, and it's not written on the cable or the plugs.
But they works fine for me with Picodrive since I use Open2x, they never works with official firmware on my F100. I Can't tell if it's ok with Mame, I've never tried.

Just cross your fingers...

thanks for the reply.

i've checked and I cannot run open2x on my F200 :(
EDIT: Upon further investigation, this might not be right

Since the adaptors are so cheap I will probably give one a go and see what happens.

Other than that, does anyone happen to know which USB pad(s) will work with Mame4all?

CaptainReboot said:
Hi,

Has anyone had any success using a PlayStation2 joypad with the GP2x F200 using a USB adaptor? I have a spare PS2 controller and was hoping to use it with Mame on my F200, but I do not know which adaptor to buy (if any). There are so many available on the market.

Many thanks.

I play MAME4ALL with an standard PSX pad and a cheap PSX->USB adaptor. It runs ok for me.

More in detail i have two pads, an original Sony one and a clone one. Both run ok.
My adaptor is a cheap single pad adaptor. I have also a dual pad adaptor and it also works but only one pad is detected. To play with two players i connect the two adaptors, one adaptor with the Sony pad and the other (dual) adaptor with the clone pad :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis said:
I play MAME4ALL with an standard PSX pad and a cheap PSX->USB adaptor. It runs ok for me.

More in detail i have two pads, an original Sony one and a clone one. Both run ok.
My adaptor is a cheap single pad adaptor. I have also a dual pad adaptor and it also works but only one pad is detected. To play with two players i connect the two adaptors, one adaptor with the Sony pad and the other (dual) adaptor with the clone pad :lol: .

Thanks for the info, Franxis. I will purchase one from Ebay and see how I get on. I have a wireless PS2 pad made by logitech which I'm dying to make use of with Mame!

Where did you get yours from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have purchased one from Ebay and it works great :)

The wiered thing is that a normal PS2 controller works fine, but my logitech wireless one does not work at all (except for a constantly flashing light on the wireless receiver).

I'm also getting this problem on my PC so it isn't anything to do with the GP2x. According to some 'googling' it is to do with the power on the USB port not being sufficient to run the radios on the 'dongle' part. Has anyone else tried the logitech wireless PS2 pad on a USB adaptor?

Perhaps a powered USB hub may solve this problem.

Back