Mame4all Vs Mame Gp2x

iioo

Still Fresh
I am a little confused with the difference between these two emulators. I am currently using a gp2x f200 model. Would I see any difference if I used Mame gp2x over Mame4all?

Thank you for the response.

MAME4ALL is based on MAME 0.37b5 (which equates to MAME version 0.42)
Originally it was a pristine version of MAME 0.37b5 - it should have worked and played the games just like a PC or Mac version of MAME 0.37b5. The latest version 1.3 has had some enhancements from later versions.

MAME GP2X was originally based on MAME 0.34 but has been dramatically changed/evolved and contains many updates, improvements and extra games.

Some games will run better on MAME GP2X, others will run better on MAME4ALL. Indeed there are many new games available on MAME4ALL which are not available for MAME GP2X. New games and better compatibility are what later versions of MAME tend to focus on.

With each version of MAME, the romsets change so you may find that ROMS that used to work on MAME GP2X no longer work on MAME4ALL. These will need to be fixed and their tools that can do this. Some roms cannot be fixed and you will need a new version.

Back