Playstation Worms On Gp2x?

Gruntfuggly posted on Dec 7 2005 at 10:08 PM said:
OrR posted on Dec 7 2005 at 05:40 PM said:
What kind of stupid idea is that? :blink: As if it was worth it for Sony to spend so much money... Why should a PS emulator be bad for them in any way? It actually makes people buy their games...

I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect Sony to try to stamp it out. That's exactly the sort of thing they do - imagine what being able to play PSX games on the GP2X would do to PSP sales...
It wouldn't do much... And if it would, Sony couldn't afford to buy GPH. Also, who tells you that they would sell? There is no rule that they'd have to so they would probably ask for an awful lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
OrR posted on Dec 8 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
Gruntfuggly posted on Dec 7 2005 at 10:08 PM said:
OrR posted on Dec 7 2005 at 05:40 PM said:
What kind of stupid idea is that? :blink: As if it was worth it for Sony to spend so much money... Why should a PS emulator be bad for them in any way? It actually makes people buy their games...

I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect Sony to try to stamp it out. That's exactly the sort of thing they do - imagine what being able to play PSX games on the GP2X would do to PSP sales...
It wouldn't do much... And if it would, Sony couldn't afford to buy GPH. Also, who tells you that they would sell? There is no rule that they'd have to so they would probably ask for an awful lot of money.

Sony? Sony could probably buy South Korea if they really wanted to! :D

That is if Sony want to stamp this out. It depends how big a deal PSX emulation becomes and how succesful the GP2X is.
As things are its not unreasonable to see this as just extra advertising for Sony proucts- they aren't making much money off the psx anymore after all.

What is so special about playstation worms?
I remember Mega Drive worms being just as good except lacking videos... I think

Josquius posted on Dec 8 2005 at 02:20 PM said:
That is if Sony want to stamp this out. It depends how big a deal PSX emulation becomes and how succesful the GP2X is.
As things are its not unreasonable to see this as just extra advertising for Sony proucts- they aren't making much money off the psx anymore after all.

What is so special about playstation worms?
I remember Mega Drive worms being just as good except lacking videos... I think

Well neither the Mega Drive version, nor the SNES, are nearly as good as the Amiga/Pc/Playstation versions I think.

I really can't see Sony getting genuinely concerned about PSX emulation on GP2X. After all, it's unlikely to get decent speeds for a good portion of games for a start, so it hardly replaces an actual PSX or PSP.

After all, it's unlikely to get decent speeds for a good portion of games for a start

"We'll never see MAME on the GP32..."
"GP32 will never be able to do Megadrive..."
Heretic, Duke, etc...

You guys really ought to give the devs a bit more credit. You might be amazed what the GP2X is capable of in a couple of years time...

Back