Playable Mame Games

Deaths Shepherd

Still Fresh
I've tried a decent amount of MAME roms but only 1 rom so far has worked, Samurai Showdown 2, i was wondering if there is a list of working roms anywhere? Also could some please state some good working rooms, (Good as in the game itself being good).

You most likely have ROM sets that are not formatted for the MAME in GP2X, or they are not (yet) supported.

The download of MAME GP2X contains both a CLRMame DAT file to format your ROM sets and a list of games that it supports.

(There are also torrents available specifically for the GP2X that have the ROMs already formatted and ready to play :p)

(It is also advisable to use GnGeo2x for NeoGeo games, & FBA2x for CPS-1 games. ;) )

Manjuu said:
You most likely have ROM sets that are not formatted for the MAME in GP2X, or they are not (yet) supported.

The download of MAME GP2X contains both a CLRMame DAT file to format your ROM sets and a list of games that it supports.

(There are also torrents available specifically for the GP2X that have the ROMs already formatted and ready to play :p)

(It is also advisable to use GnGeo2x for NeoGeo games, & FBA2x for CPS-1 games. ;) )
Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Station said:
Manjuu said:

Thanks for the help!

I found the CLRMame DAT file but it says it opens with an unknown application... i even tried opening it with the rom lol, stupid i know but worth a shot.

Station said:
Station said:
Manjuu said:

Thanks for the help!

I found the CLRMame DAT file but it says it opens with an unknown application... i even tried opening it with the rom lol, stupid i know but worth a shot.

First you have to download clrMame PRO and load the .dat file from the archive. Then set the source and target paths. Start the operation and after it's completed you will have working roms in your target path.

Is dodonPaichi and Splatterhouse playable on Mame yet? Ditto for some of the beat 'em ups like Vendetta and Night Slashers.

Station said:
You need ClrMame Pro to utilize the DAT file. Here is a link to a guide to how to use ClrMame Pro: http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/clrmameguide.htm

Alghazanth said:
Btw does anyone know if NeoGeo games on Mame use the same gfx dumps ?
Not that I bothered to run them in Mame but I saw kof96 in the list and got curious
No, MAME GP2X does not utilize the graphics dump of GnGeo2x.

Those NeoGeo games listed are working, but are very slow, and one of the reasons why they are slow (for the larger games) is because of the lack of the graphics dump. Another would be the lack of optimizations for NeoGeo games. For NeoGeo games, GnGeo2x is definitely the emulator to use. :p

Vince2501 said:
Is dodonPaichi and Splatterhouse playable on Mame yet? Ditto for some of the beat 'em ups like Vendetta and Night Slashers.
As of the current MAME GP2X, DoDonPachi, Splatter House, Vendetta, and Night Slashers are unplayable. The current MAME GP2X is based on version 0.34 (with some additional ones from later versions) of MAME, while those games you listed were added on later versions, which are not yet supported.

DoDonPachi is playable in FBA2X beta 5, so try that. :D

sukhigp said:
FBA2X what emulator is it i've never heard of it?
FBA2X is a port of the FinalBurn Alpha Plus! for the PC. It was ported by Squidge, and currently being updated by HeadOverHeels.

It plays CPS-1 games much faster (as well as support more games) than MAME GP2X. It also plays games from Toaplan & Cave systems, which have great shooters like DonPachi and its sequel DoDonPachi. B)

There are more systems (NeoGeo, CPS-2, Psikyo) and more games that FB Alpha Plus! could play, but they are not yet supported by the current FBA2X. (Though NeoGeo & CPS-2 have dedicated emulators already for the GP2X.)

is there any compatible list for fba2x which mame games are playable.

Fba2x will be better than cps2 once it can play most majority games from the mame list, mame has one of the best arcade games around there are games such as dead or alive,sega rally,ridge racer,virtua fighter 2,3,tekken 3,virtua racing will it ever able to play these games.

sukhigp said:
is there any compatible list for fba2x which mame games are playable.

Fba2x will be better than cps2 once it can play most majority games from the mame list, mame has one of the best arcade games around there are games such as dead or alive,sega rally,ridge racer,virtua fighter 2,3,tekken 3,virtua racing will it ever able to play these games.
Well ALL the games that the FBA2x currently plays are already MAME games (though a lot of them don't follow the MAME format or are non-MAME versions). :p

For your next question, the simple answer is NO. :p

First off, FBA2X is based on FinalBurn Alpha Plus! on the PC, which only support CPS-1, CPS-2, NeoGeo, Toaplan, Cave, Psikyo systems, and some Taito games & a few other select games. All those games you mentioned do not belong to these systems, and thus are out of reach. (Also, FB Alpha Plus! has not been updated for 2 years already. <_< )

Secondly, why are all the examples you mentioned be 3D games. That's too much for the GP2X too handle. (Even if you manage to make them work on the GP2X, they wouldn't be that playable at all.) :blink:

Lastly, if you want more support on MAME games, ask them to be added to the MAME GP2X instead. (Although I doubt those you mentioned would be added at all.) :rolleyes:

(I apologize if I sounded harsh; I just woke up. :p)

Back