Clrmamepro?

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
how do i use ClrMamePro?
The following steps should work, but have not been tested, they have been adapted from http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/mame.htm

1. Install ClrMamePro
2. Create an empty folder (this will be the directory where your MAME GP2X ROMs will be in the end)
3. Open ClrMamePro
4. Add the datfile (clrmame.dat) from MAME GP2X. Then select LOAD / UPDATE.
5. Settings: Just change the ROM path to the created empty folder from step #2. It will moan that no sets are found there, which is okay (as we don't have any ROM sets in there yet)
6. Select "Scanner". You don't need to change any settings, just be sure "Split Sets" is selected. Press the "Scan" button.
7. It should scan fast, as the ROMs folder is empty See the "Scan Results" window? Leave it open!
8. Now use the Windows Explorer to open the folder where your MAME ROMs reside. Select ALL zips and drag them into the Scan Results window. ClrMamePro will now begin rebuilding 0.34 sets in the empty folder.
9. After it's finished, your MAME GP2X-ready ROMs are in the folder created at step #2.

If you want to add new ROMs later, do "Scan" again and drag the new roms into the Scan Results window.

i found this but then i downloaded ClrMamePro and it dosent have any of those features...

:huh:

help? please?

EDIT: whoa nm.. i quit and now its working *huh*

i have the same advice. clrmame is just not intuitive. romcenter does most of the same stuff and is much easier to dive into.

then again, i wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of a file floating around, maybe the kind that connects you to a peer to peer solution via a client, i hope you know what i mean... :)

ps bram cohen!

i have the same advice. clrmame is just not intuitive. romcenter does most of the same stuff and is much easier to dive into.

then again, i wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of a file floating around, maybe the kind that connects you to a peer to peer solution via a client, i hope you know what i mean... :)

ps bram cohen!
yeah i think so (bittorent?) but that mean downloading 3.5kbs of 1.05gb.... <_<

p.s. ...what!?

Last edited by a moderator:
get your .34 here lol

I bought my full set of roms of this guy and a set of Amiga , he does loads of stuff but i noticed today he also does a gp2x set of Mame also.
its under .34 or something like that

get your .34 here lol

I bought my full set of roms of this guy and a set of Amiga , he does loads of stuff but i noticed today he also does a gp2x set of Mame also.

But you can get that for free?

Plus isn't it illegal to sell ROMS?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please.... :blink:

get your .34 here lol

But you can get that for free?

Plus isn't it illegal to sell ROMS?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please.... :blink:
shit dude it's illegal to have roms you don't own!!!
as far as i know you'll have the police delivering the package <_<

to be honest its quite difficult to actually own any Mame roms as you would have to have a warehouse full of arcade machines.
and as far as I know there is no way to actually legally buy the roms themselves other than the console packs that have been released and I try and buy as many of those as I come across being a big fan of the old stuff.
plus on top of the whole thing is the fact that folks like myself are the only reason that Mame and roms even exist, after all would Atari really be interested in Centipede in 2007 if there was no such thing as emulation.It would have been lost to the wastes of oblivion long ago as some final motherboard finally breathes its last.
I can however understand why Sony are angry that PSP games are available and Nintendo ae not pleased that the DS roms are also online.

I think that once a system is dropped and NEW (not preowned) games are no longer available, it should automatically become public domain, this may encourage companies to support their consoles longer as well.
the same for the games companies , once its no longer being sold new its should become PD,by all means re-release stuff in packs to keep the money rolling in but once you have canned it consider it canned.
there could be a time limit of say 5 years after the last new copy has been sold the game is considered PD.
this doesnt cover of course the name, e.g. Nintendo still keep the rights to the Mario name , but Mario on the NES becomes PD.

you can argue that yeah but 20 years after they released it they can still charge £10 for it on nintendo wii which i also find acceptable as if you want it on your wii you can buy it but if you just want the
ROM then you should be able to get it online for free and do what you wish with it.

Back