Planet Computers : Gemini - Psion Returns

Finally!!!
It arrived at about 12:30 and I've loaded the battery because I thought it would be started with the Google button :)
After loading and reading the text on the Esc button. I was finally able to start this thing up.
I love it.
The keyboard is not perfect but a huge improvement over the on-screen one.
Regarding the camerad module:
You have to build it like Lego :)
You first open the device, then insert the camera module itself.
After that. a litte plastic cage is attached.
You then close the Gemini with the fitting camera backplate and add the security glass on top.
I was quite impressed. what Planet thinks, the average user is able or willing to do.
For me, it was fun and it is not commpicated, but for the typical iPhone user... not so much.
Now I'm going to look up, how to reseat some of the buttons, as they are sitting in quite an angle and it looks rather strange.

Of course I'm writing this text on the Gemini.
[doublepost=1528300129,1528295176][/doublepost]Regarding the buttons:
Just pop them off with a knife from the top (screen) side of the cap an reinsert it.
It quite improves the angle and typing quality.
I' also pressed every button down with some force and some buttons clicked in a bit more.

The camera by the way is really nothing more than a documentation device you can use to make a snapshot of a serial numberor damage to IT devices, stuff like that.
Nothing for pictures or videos of your loved ones.
But I knew that before, so I am not complaining.
I really just need it for the docu stuff.

With the still far away Pyra arrival, i have been thinking more and more about getting one of these.
I'm waiting for a Pyra as well but have ordered a Gemini to keep me going for two months (tm). My Pandora just can't keep up with what I need.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tempted by the Gemini, but .. Droid 4 is really where it's at for a pocketable keyboard.

Web + IRSSI + ssh. Sailfish OS. Also Alien Dalvik.

Nomachine NX, PPSSPP etc .

Sadly not much dev/porting. Not even 1/20th of what the openpandora community did.

Tempted by the Gemini, but .. Droid 4 is really where it's at for a pocketable keyboard.

Sadly not much dev/porting. Not even 1/20th of what the openpandora community did.
It has only existed for two months.

I would love one, But i don't have verizon and they are locked down tight

Photon Q?

Sprint i have tmobile. You can get them with a hardware moded sim holder, but they don't get lte.

I have an lg f3q would love something else and it is software moded to hell to keep it working, but it has a huge battery, ir port and slide keyboard.

I would love one, But i don't have verizon and they are locked down tight

I don't really understand how 'locking down' works. I bought a bunch of droid 4's from USA. Rooted them. Installed sailfish (or cyanogenmod 11) - and my german SIM works.

I don't really understand how 'locking down' works. I bought a bunch of droid 4's from USA. Rooted them. Installed sailfish (or cyanogenmod 11) - and my german SIM works.

Droid 4's were locked to not accept US gsm carriers. The rest of the world works fine. Verizon was holding their user base hostage.

It has a speaker and microphone at each end, so you can use it like a candybar phone with the lid closed either way up. The only trouble is, since you have it closed you can't see who you're calling or vice versa (and looking at your phone to see if they've hung up is tricker too, I guess).

It has a speaker and microphone at each end, so you can use it like a candybar phone with the lid closed either way up. The only trouble is, since you have it closed you can't see who you're calling or vice versa (and looking at your phone to see if they've hung up is tricker too, I guess).

I've paired mine with a smart watch so I get all notifications on my wrist and can also act on most of them without opening my Gemini up.

Call quality is hit and miss for me. I do like having the option of talking privately without headphones.

@Ed try to offer some accessories too; playstation vita pouches for example fit well (if they are not rounded up) :)

Accessories that would be helpful:

Wall chargers compliant with the Mediatek Pump Express 3.0 non-standard. The Gemini ships with one, buying the hub means I have 2. I would like a 3rd one for my travel bag.

Automotive cigarette port 12VDC input chargers compliant with the Mediatek Pump Express 3.0 non-standard.

Screen protectors

Silicone USB-C port protection plugs

Replacement front/back/hinge cover pieces

In-vehicle device mounts - I may have found one that will work.

Back