"pituka" In Dev

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

This is the moment I have been waiting for! Heard about Rlyeh's CPC emu in progress but had given up by now.

Hope this project is gonna work!

the new emu its based in caprice cpc emulator.
the 464 games works fine, except two ones (decathlon and rocky)
this emu starts in july 2004 and its near the first open release (by now, only beta test)
B)

ilarri posted on Oct 9 2004 at 05:54 PM said:
the new emu its based in caprice cpc emulator.
the 464 games works fine, except two ones (decathlon and rocky)
this emu starts in july 2004 and its near the first open release (by now, only beta test)
B)
I can't believe this incredible news until I have it on my GP32. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Drrooooolll.... Another system that looks absolutely stunning, and a long awaited one at that :). I'll be looking forward to this for the next little while, methinks :D

Really great news!!! I can't wait for it :)!

Hopefully he can speed up the emulation, since Caprice has a very slow CPU core and the author doesn't seem to be interested in speeding it up.

@superlefax: Wo du Recht hast, hast du Recht ;)!

Arrgh! Zu viele Deutsche!

hehe... Know the feeling of patriotism, once it has a chance of popping out ;-)

Anyway - The guy says on gp32spain that there is some kind of cooperation with rlyeh? Not that my spanish is that well and bablefish translates to perfection - but to me that sounds very potent!

Well, he says he will need rlyeh's help for the sound. Now the emu runs about 85%-90% speed without sound, that it's great specially considering it's based on Caprice 4.1.0, a very good but SLOW emulator.

Rlyeh mentioned this to me the other day on irc. And yes he has been consulted by D_Skywalk for this. Speedwise I think I recall him saying it was about 15fps - but without sound mind.

But as Wolfsclaw said, dont forget fCPC. Rlyeh still intends to port Caprice himself using bits of Arnold as well (for plus emulation etc) as his first attempt at porting Arnold straight last christmas proved it was too slow to run adequately on the GP32.

Antiriad posted on Oct 9 2004 at 08:23 PM said:
Speedwise I think I recall him saying it was about 15fps - but without sound mind.

Well, D_Skywalk told me that the fps counter wasn't working well and removed it, the speed of the emu is better than the fps showed in the counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thats good to hear :) Does he want any artwork done for it? As in icon and splash screen (as i see he has a nice virtual keyboard already) as Im a big CPC nut - a CPC emulator is the reason i bought the GP32 in the first place!

First, hi all pp and very very thanks!!! :D

PituKa is a Cpc emulator based on Caprice CORE 4.1.0, and i made tooo many changes on this original core to have a full and real CPC and our GP32 on 133Mhz :D

ATM, PituKa has gone 95% CPC emulation but no sound (and some testing too), for this i was required rlyeh helps, a good dev and a good friend ^^_

The support of chatboard isnt posible but i dont have it, the donations are welcome :lol:

Cu and sorry for my terrible english :p

UPDATE:

I forget the Antiriad offering (sorry men)

Splash screen and keyboard its complete, but dont have any icon if wanna make one, pls send me pm ^^_

Cu pp :)

Where do I donate to? I have no idea if I have any money in my account, but chatboard support would be great as I desperately want a CPC emulator. Keep up the good work.

<3 Amstrad <3

Back