PIQO: 1080p pocket projector

PowerGod

Advanced Member
OH, MAN !!

Now yes we have a REAL DRAMA !! :confused:

Their domain became unreachable, and even emails to the support aren't able to find the destination address.

Did they finally started running with the money ?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Yep, server is down. Might just be a new credit card and their payments to their hosters has gone down, and nobody's watching the emails that have come from them. Or like you say they might have deliberately cut and run.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Hmm, that does smell like the person that was running the domain system for the old site decided to have nothing to do with the piqo team. It's not a good sign going forward, but I assume you backers have given up on this thing ever getting any better than it is now, and are just awaiting delivery, which still seems to be working at least.

PowerGod

Advanced Member
Well, in the mean time I backed also the Philips one xD and is becoming more and more powerful than the advertised specifications.
They tell that the shipping will start this month, but I don't have any illusion it will really happen, anyway they sure have a more trusted appearance, and their answers to the baker makes clear that they really know what they are developing... also some of the modification on the projector were suggested directly in the comment section, and they are really open about this kind of things (given all the success of the campaign).

The size of the PIQO is unbeatable anyway, and I hope to receive it one day, but even if it happens, I will receive the Pyra way far before it... they are already a lot of months late than the advertised shipping dates on the previous batches, and my batch of shipping is still not even started.

PowerGod

Advanced Member
A user asked to the support about the already known 1080p issue, and received and interesting answer:

Thanks for reaching out.
The resolution issue may be resolved in the next version of PIQO. Maybe released in probably in early 2020.
We can arrange the shipment of your order now but if you would like the updated version, please let us know.
We’ll be waiting for your response.