Phew What A List!!!


WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 3 2005 at 12:58 AM said:
Belgarath posted on May 3 2005 at 12:08 AM said:
For OS9xGP, why is there only 0.1 and 0.2 when the last version was 0.3?

Thanks for the info, database has been updated!!! :)

To add a game, click on the View Games or Apps button to view the list for the emulator. Then click the Add Game or App button, fill in the two boxes and that will add the game. Anyone is allowed to add games there and a few have done so already.
If the game doesn't seem to appear, click the letter it starts with in the letter bar across the top.

hope that was of help :)

TTFN,
Clare.

edit:

I just tried adding a game myself, and it worked perfectly, please try again, and let me know exactly what happens. If I have a bug, then I would love to hear about it :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

GA01

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
363
Website
Visit site
pea posted on May 3 2005 at 02:08 AM said:
If only you could do something about that weather...

LOL. I've seen it sunny once B) and there wasn't even anybody paddling in the sea :angry:. Btw Clare, is there a limit on characters that can be entered into the comments field?

:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
GA01 posted on May 3 2005 at 09:32 AM said:
pea posted on May 3 2005 at 02:08 AM said:
If only you could do something about that weather...

LOL. I've seen it sunny once B) and there wasn't even anybody paddling in the sea :angry:. Btw Clare, is there a limit on characters that can be entered into the comments field?

:)

Comments fields eh, actually not really no, in the MySQL database it is set as a longtext, not sure if there's a limit on that one.

OOPS I forgot to do something, strip_tags, Be right back...

Okay done, I don't want anyone entering html or scripts into the database.

Actually I haven't long come back from shopping, and had a long walk down the prom on the way, weather's lovely today!!! :p B)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

timthepig

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2003
Messages
298
Thanks for the work on this, previous efforts have disappeared into no mans land. Hopefully this will stay alive and people will use it.

Must admit the 1 minute voting is a little long, how about 10 seconds. As this put me off - I would have to wait at least 10 minutes to post about 10 games.
 

Belgarath

Mega GP2X Mania
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
237
Website
gbamiga.elowar.com
Yeh the voting system is annoying I'm afraid, it would probably be better to make users register to vote and then only be able to vote for one game once if that's possible?

Also when the voting idea was first mentioned I had more envisioned being able to actually rate games either by percentile or star rating. Is any of that possible and not too hard to implement?
 

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
Belgarath posted on May 3 2005 at 11:40 AM said:
Yeh the voting system is annoying I'm afraid, it would probably be better to make users register to vote and then only be able to vote for one game once if that's possible?

Also when the voting idea was first mentioned I had more envisioned being able to actually rate games either by percentile or star rating. Is any of that possible and not too hard to implement?

Okay, I will lessen the timeout for the voting system.

About the star system, do you mean that when you press the vote button, you will be presented with a sort of rating slider, the value of this slider will then be added to the games total?

Edit:

Voting is now limited to 10 seconds in between votes!

By the way, I will take on board everything asked of me for this site, if the idea is feasable, I will impliment it. After all, this site is for the community, not just a personal project.

TTFN,
Clare.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Belgarath

Mega GP2X Mania
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
237
Website
gbamiga.elowar.com
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 3 2005 at 12:56 PM said:
Okay, I will lessen the timeout for the voting system.

About the star system, do you mean that when you press the vote button, you will be presented with a sort of rating slider, the value of this slider will then be added to the games total?

basically yeh, sliding scale, box to enter a % in, anything that enables a person to rate a game properly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
Belgarath posted on May 3 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 3 2005 at 12:56 PM said:
Okay, I will lessen the timeout for the voting system.

About the star system, do you mean that when you press the vote button, you will be presented with a sort of rating slider, the value of this slider will then be added to the games total?

basically yeh, sliding scale, box to enter a % in, anything that enables a person to rate a game properly.

I think what I am asking is, if two people rate the same game, will the rating be the total of the two peoples rating, or will one overwrite the other. Afterall, isn't the games rating dependant on personal preference.

How about I leave the vote system as is, but add a rating system which is tagged to the game comment section, then you will be able to see who rated it and the comment they gave it as well. Like I said, a rating is a personal thing, while a vote will count overall.

Let me know what you think.

Clare.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rico

Certified Guru
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
5,649
Age
35
Location
England, UK
Website
Visit site
timthepig posted on May 3 2005 at 09:33 AM said:
Thanks for the work on this, previous efforts have disappeared into no mans land. Hopefully this will stay alive and people will use it.
My hosting went down, unfortunately. It ran for almost two years, but I believe WarmFluffyUK's site to be superior (whether or not she knew about mine)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
Rico posted on May 3 2005 at 01:33 PM said:
timthepig posted on May 3 2005 at 09:33 AM said:
Thanks for the work on this, previous efforts have disappeared into no mans land.  Hopefully this will stay alive and people will use it.
My hosting went down, unfortunately. It ran for over a year, but I believe WarmFluffyUK's site to be superior (whether or not she knew about mine)

Hia,

Sorry I didn't know there was already a site doing this. I didn't want to step on anyones toes or anything.

I guess the life of the site depends on the community supporting it, all I have really done was to use my technical skills to provide the community with a sort of resource centre. I guess if the site becomes what it was intended, then we should have some sort of a link from the forum?

By the way, I'm starting to build a sort of search engine into the main page, so you can do a search of games/apps etc, that won't be available for at least a few days yet though. I'm actually on holliday at the moment and today is me birthday, so I'm lazing around a bit, having a day of wine and chocolate :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Belgarath

Mega GP2X Mania
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
237
Website
gbamiga.elowar.com
You could have individual ratings from every person who rates it, but i was thinking the ratings could be averaged, so if one person gave it 5 stars, and the next person gave it 3 stars the rating would be 4 stars.

And Happy Birthday!
 

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
Belgarath posted on May 3 2005 at 02:00 PM said:
You could have individual ratings from every person who rates it, but i was thinking the ratings could be averaged, so if one person gave it 5 stars, and the next person gave it 3 stars the rating would be 4 stars.

And Happy Birthday!

Yes I could do that, it would mean that the present vote system would be erased, but thankfully, there's not much data there at present.
expect to see something along these lines soon.

Oh and thanks for the birthday wishes, do I get a pressie :wub:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
Belgarath posted on May 3 2005 at 02:42 PM said:
Yes, you get this lovely GP32!* gp32_console


*well a little picture of it anyway.

Aww thats sweet :rolleyes: :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rico

Certified Guru
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
5,649
Age
35
Location
England, UK
Website
Visit site
Happy birthday!

Thought I'd reupload my site, because it's still useful for those few GenesisMu/fGEN/fGB users :) And it has a few OpenSnes9x reviews too.

http://angusnoble.com/genemu/

Individual votes are listed, but when rating the files it sorts them by average votes. I think this is the way to go. However, my site was aimed at developers and voting was mainly done on how well it was emulated, not how good the actual game was :) I also hugely prefer your icons.
 

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
3,384
Location
UK
Website
www.retrotech.one
Rico posted on May 3 2005 at 03:27 PM said:
Happy birthday!

Thought I'd reupload my site at because it's still useful for those few GenesisMu/fGEN/fGB users :) And it has a few OpenSnes9x reviews too.

http://angusnoble.com/genemu/

Individual votes are listed, but when rating the files it sorts them by average votes. I think this is the way to go. However, my site was aimed at developers and voting was mainly done on how well it was emulated, not how good the actual game was :) I also hugely prefer your icons.

Hey I like the site, did you write it all yourself, are you adept in php, mind me asking?

If so, are you looking for work, if so, I might be able to throw something your way from time to time. Just a thought...

TTFN,
Clare.

edit:
Going thru that site, I see you need to plan your forms / tables / graphics a little more user friendly. If you are like me, you have progressed a lot since then, so if I am talking out of turn please forgive me. Otherwise, I can help you in programming - layout - graphic design - development if you like?

Please don't take this as a criticism, that site impressed me, and I would love to see you developing more work!

I do appologise if this post annoyed you, as I know any kind of constructive, or deconstructive critisism can be taken badly by some programers.

TTFN,
Clare.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

exael

Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
177
Age
41
Location
Coimbra, Portugal
Website
www.ruc.pt
Happy Birthday WarmFluffyUK! :D

The site's doing great... It has tons of possibilities not only for the average GP user as well for the developers ;P

I might have a few more ideas but I'll wait until you implement those you were writing about, such as the search engine!

The other site is also pretty good! I didn't know about it, gonna bookmark it ;P
You two should work together ;P
 
Top