Persistent "select date" dialog box

yep, power usage seems to be quite high, that's why battery is heating up during usage. Perhaps too much wrapping around it...hmm time to bring out the scalpel :lol:

CraigX, can you reveal some totaly personal data and tell us how much does your Pandora heat up ;)

ladies and gentlemen, here are the results :)

battery 1 - I let it die flat yesterday (lid closed) - 3,11V

battery 2 - charged up to 100%, then left for three days. Charge was reported 100%, 4,17V

battery 2 - pandora with lid closed, yesterday@2230 100%, today@0705 17% 3,70V

Am I yet to see a dev comment on this issue? One of the big ones requested...

Peace & Pandora,

Link

EDIT: Never mind, I'm a jackbag that didn't do my homework, ED's got it! Thanks bro!

nagy said:
So that's 8:35 -83% in lid closed mode. Definitely sounds too much, but you can never be sure if you don't know which processes are running. A test in low power mode and a test switched off via menu would be helpful to complete the picture. When you test powered off via menu mode make sure you unplug the charger _before_ shutting down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm charging second battery as we speak, as I intend to measure all shutdown methods (lid closed, off via menu, off via boot menu).

Pandora actually heats up more during the night than when normal used, but I think this is due to closed lid (less cooling due to closed lid, if you will)

I'll let it charge, then power off - should have new results this evening, then i'll charge up again and power off via boot menu, so we'll have better overview...

EDIT: it think we'll prove that it is a software, not hardware issue...which is a veeeery good news

^ That's good. And make sure you unplug the charger before you shut down, that's very important :)

mali said:
So that's 8:35 -83% in lid closed mode.
Was WiFi on? That would be about right.
Was the backlight on? Maybe the lid switch is broken. Mine does occasionally not activate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mali, thanks, I know that pandora doesn't shut down, if charged - which is funny, but I accept such behaviour. I think I read it was charging control chip feature or something...

Wifi is off, screen too, wouldn't make any sense otherwise - can I monitor or even output a dump of battery consumption, voltage etc?

you know, like "grep" command, only for battery status?

grep battery wherediditgo.txt :ph34r:

Here is some battery info:
http://pandorawiki.org/Data_provided_by_Battery_and_Power_driver

aaaah, RTFM all over again :)

thanks mali!

edit: hmmm, wifi and screen are both definitely off, but I guess I could do a second round of tests this weekend using background killer (http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Other/background_killer.inf)

Don't worry RTFM shouting doesn't exist here. Nobody can have all info at hand all the time so just ask :)

can you share some of the numbers from the battery monitor? you can get a print out of the current with the screen off by doing
Code:
sleep 30; echo current_now
and then turning the screen off, waiting 30 sec, and opening it again.
This needs to be about 200mA in order to get a reasonable standby. (and will be 400-600 typically with screen on)

battery 1 - I let it die flat yesterday (lid closed) - 3,11V

battery 2 - charged up to 100%, then left for three days. Charge was reported 100%, 4,17V

battery 1 - pandora shutdown via menu, today@1640 100% 4,16v, today@2106 92% 4,04V

now this is better, as pandora didn't heat up during it's sleep. Normal i'd say - I guess reflash did something...

tsh, i'll play with battery tomorrow and let you know :)

EDIT: battery 1 - pandora shutdown via boot menu, today@2117 89% 4,02v

battery 1 - today@0921 67% 3,89V

well, what can I say, both standby and shutdown work now...hooray :)

thank you for all your help, now i'm gonna dig deeper into pandora!

Work as in magically it is fine, or something fixed if (and i'm not sure i but re-flashing as a fix). This seems to be a common complaint, which often goes away with investigation (so it is either a use-mode, or a intermittent bug)

Back