Perma Write Protected Sd-card

DijiTao

My 2gb A-Data MyFlash 150x SD card is now permanently stuck in write protected mode. The tiny little switch on the side of the card fell off and I have no idea where it went. Whenever I stick the card in my card reader it nows sees the card as write protected. I read that one possible solution involves placing a bit of tape over the write protect notch but whenever I try this the tape just gets pulled off when I stick the card in my reader. The only good news is that the GP2X seems to ignore the write protect tab so I can still write to my card using it. Unfortunately I've never gotten the GP2X to connect to my PC over USB except when connected through a USB 1.x hub. So just a word of caution to everybody out there, if your SD card has a write protect tab be careful, because those things are damn fragile.

Fixed it - Scotch Magic Tape is thin enough that it doesn't cause a problem when I stick the card in the card reader. My earlier attempts where with slightly thicker tapes like masking, and duck.

3250611.jpg

Hanz™ posted on Mar 12 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
*Rolling on the Floor Laughing*

There really is a company that makes "duck tape?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's an american thing -- Us Yanks love our duck tape -- it fixes everything.

Back