Perfect camera for Pyra/Pandora?

I would suggest then that you get a half-decent pocket camera. since you'll have to be wearing a big coat or taking a bag to carry your Pyra around, I'd propose you could also carry a camera quite easily. You can get quite good pocketable cameras from a generation or two ago for around 200 of the major world currencies, which should be affordable if you've got a pyra preorder.
Or i do mod a Camera by myself into a Pyra. ;)

Remember my Pandora Wlan Mod? :)
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/my-pandora-internal-wlan-mod-with-pictures.71179/

True, but a dedicated camera can have the lens sitting out front and the sensor all the way on the back, maximising the space between lens and sensor. That allows you do use less strong lenses (although super-strong lenses that are on smartphone cameras are getting increasingly impressive), which allows you to get depth of field effects (smartphones these days have to use software tricks to do that) - meaning only your subject is in focus, with the background being well out-of-focus. Plus very few smartphone camera have real optical zoom as far as I know, meaning zooming in is done by blowing up the centre of the image digitally.

But a camera mod would be cool for esoteric reasons. I would just suggest your money is better spent on good optics, and make use of the fact the Pyra will have two SD slots, so you can keep your DBPs on one and leave the other one free most of the time for pulling photos off of the camera, but if you want to do it for the sake of doing it, don't let me stop you!

Back