Pdroms Coding Competition #3.5 Pre-announcement

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
As everyone can read from the topic, yes it's true! :) PDRC #3.5 will be held soon. The start will be around 2 weeks after the official batch has been delivered. The main goal of this compo will be to PORT all kind of games to the GP2x (NO emulator, NO single game emulators, NO applications, only 100% game porting) and there will be prizes. Detailed rules etc will follow at the official announcement. Usually I allow many various systems, this time it will be only aimed to the GP2x.

So now it's out... :)

Cool maybe someone will port Giana Sisters to the GP2X :ph34r:

DaveC posted on Dec 15 2005 at 12:03 AM said:
Cool maybe someone will port Giana Sisters to the GP2X :ph34r:

port requires source :) you should already know that...

synkro posted on Dec 15 2005 at 12:05 AM said:
NO emulator, NO single game emulators, NO standalone games, NO applications

so what the fuck are we supposed to port then?

erm forget the quote with the standalone games :) of course you MUST port games :) heh

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how you will judge this competition. A port is a port. It involves no creativity on the part of the coder - the idea and graphics/sound already exist. The skill of the coder will not be apparent from seeing the program run. It may be a total hack or an elegant implementation but as long as it runs who is to know ? I can't see how you can determine a winner. This pre-announcement is presumably to get us thinking about what to port. If you could give us an idea of the judging criteria it would be helpful in making that decision.
To prevent everyone porting the same code will there be a 'register' of who is porting what ?

Back