Caanoo / WIZ Pdf Reader For Wiz Please

We have one Pdf reader - Reader2x - but he is not working well, you won´t read a f*cking microsoft licence agreements (hohework - read microsoft windows agreements. Read it too! You will find lots of useful facts... that´s why I use Linux :)... I think that´s because of Microsoft and their office pack...

forces/before said:
We have one Pdf reader - Reader2x - but he is not working well, you won´t read a f*cking microsoft licence agreements (hohework - read microsoft windows agreements. Read it too! You will find lots of useful facts... that´s why I use Linux :)... I think that´s because of Microsoft and their office pack...

Yes I too tried that one and gave up on it. I can convert from .pdf to .txt but it would really be nice to have a good pdf reader that's working better on the Wiz. There are many linux based freeware pdf reader programs and source code but I'm not one of those who can convert or port such things. C'mon guys .. help us out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr said:
PDFs aren't really suited for small screens, they tend to be formatted for a larger, fixed size page.

Understood. My daughter is a big reader and alot of her ebook stuff is pdf. She likes to sit in bed and read instead of sitting in front of her PC. I guess her next techie thing will be a Kindle etc ..

The free conversion programs I have insert an "ad" or message every so many words/paragraphs and then I have to do a search and delete on the converted document. If anyone knows of a good freeware pdf to txt program that doesn't do that kind of thing please let me know.

Misty

You don't want your daughter screwing up her eyes reading on a 2.8" screen. It's nice for games, but anything smaller than 8" is uncomfortable for lengthy reading.

I read Brave New World on the GP2X (3.5" lcd) with 8 rows of text on the screen at a time, and I regret it. Good book though :)

You can convert PDF files to RTF (no images) and read it in Reader2x. I'm working in a new version that uses all the Wiz memory and better pdf lib. The problem is that PDF format is a monster and is designed for fixed-size pages. Meanwhile I will try to port a pdf reader with images. Greetings.

Hardyx said:
You can convert PDF files to RTF (no images) and read it in Reader2x. I'm working in a new version that uses all the Wiz memory and better pdf lib. The problem is that PDF format is a monster and is designed for fixed-size pages. Meanwhile I will try to port a pdf reader with images. Greetings.

ofcourse i can, but...reader2x still have no support for polish charset[for example, it`s very important for me],so, in 90% it`s useless for me.I believe someone can do usable reader for pdf/doc/html/txt.I have some ideas like rotating screen by 90 degrees for more booklike view.Maybe touchscreen will be use for some feature like change page/zoom?

Hardyx - Oh my, I'd love PDF support. Maybe another idea would be HTML support, if you could convert a PDF to HTML it should be a lot easier to resize page sizes, or perhaps I'm talking crap.

Many people will be happy when someone do some PDf viewer for Wiz[me for example].Same thing, any jpg/png/gif viewer for wiz[GPH apps sucks IMO],fast and inuitive.I waiting for great replacement for GPH software like Win2x is for frontend.

I approve of the idea of a .pdf file reader as well. I'd love to have some reading material on the go, or something to read when I'm taking a break from games.

Back