Pdf Converter

mr twit

A can of spam!
Website
www.mmmpie.co.uk
I know there is no PDF viewer for GP32, and I know you can save PDFs as text so you can view them on GP32, but I have some pdfs that are made up of scanned pages of books, so they are basically lots of pictures of pages rather than computer text, so they can't be saved as text. Does anyone know any way I can convert these so I can view them on GP32?
I have tried converting them to JPGs, but I can't seem to find a program that works. I have also looked at OCR (optical character recognition) software, but can't find any program that opens PDFs and is less than like 400mb.
Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers

i know u can use adobe to do it

u can use print screen and PAINT, which is what i started to do when converting GPM into JPeg, but it take a long time, and probably take longer than reading it through on ure PC

I will finally be using Adobe on friday coz my exams are finished so if u send me the files I would be glad to attempt to edit them into Jpeg (as long as it isn't too long)

u can use print screen and PAINT, which is what i started to do when converting GPM into JPeg, but it take a long time, and probably take longer than reading it through on ure PC

I will finally be using Adobe on friday coz my exams are finished so if u send me the files I would be glad to attempt to edit them into Jpeg (as long as it isn't too long)
I really appreciate the offer, but unfortunately the book is over 250 pages long. I think I'll keep looking for an OCR program, since for some reason I can't manage to convert it to JPG with the only program I found that worked because it needs some kind of password.

Last edited by a moderator:

I really appreciate the offer, but unfortunately the book is over 250 pages long. I think I'll keep looking for an OCR program, since for some reason I can't manage to convert it to JPG with the only program I found that worked because it needs some kind of password.
goggle is probably your friend...

goggle is probably your friend...
I hope you're not suggesting I get a serial or crack ;)

Cause I've already done that :D
Its the PDF that needs a password.

I have found an OCR program that works, it's Readiris Pro 9. Works great but it's gonna take hours to convert the whole thing.

Adobe Photoshop and similar programs will open PDFs and you will be able to simply save out again as JPG. Images in a PDF are essentially JPG anyway and so the transition should be straightforward. There is also a home user version of Photoshop (LE?) which is considerably cheaper, but many programs ought to be able to do this...

®

as i already said, try konvertor_pdf2xxx
it can convert a pdf to any format you can imagine.
txt,formatted txt,html. tiff, jpg,bmp,png,ps.

nah, it wont work, the line width will most likely be too long, so when u scale it down to fit the screen with of the gp32 u will not b able to comfortably read the text (or not at all)

Marks PDFs werent full page width and i had to cut each line in half to make itlegible on the GP

Just tried OmniFormat- it works great! Really fast too! I just converted it to JPG, the built in OCR didn't seem to work, so I'll use my other OCR program to convert these JPGs into txt. Thanks everyone!

Back