Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Raycrysis series Termination NTSC
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core HLE -Secure (but all worked)
Rest Settings Default
FPS = 31/20
Compatible, Memory card problem - reading it for ever but the emulator is still running - the sounds seemed ok,
This would have been great to play what a great shmup...

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

R-Type Delta

Format: .bin
Clock: Tested several values between 533 and 750
RAM Tweaks: Tried on and off
Frame Limit: Tried on and off
CPU Core: Tried every option
CPU Bias: Tried auto and default (4)
Rest default
Result: A flashing "now loading" for four or five times, no sound, then black screen, emulator keeps running.

btw: Do you think it matters which Caanoo firmware we use?

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Raiden Project Pal
Format .bin+cue
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core Bios
Rest settings Default
FPS = 12/16
Compatible, Very playable - Ocean screen takes a while then boots, infact it looks like it crashes but it dont just takes long,
Plays well - sounds slowish and the right hand side of the screen score panel as colourful graphical gliches otherwise not bad...

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

NBA Jam Extreme

Clock: 750 (also tried 700)
RAM Tweaks: ON
CPU Clock: 100 (also tried 90)
CPU Core: HLE
CPU Bias: auto
Rest default
Result: Menus run okay, in-game many graphic glitches and less then half of the original game-speed.

This emu needs the graphical gliches ironed out and memory card accsses sorted

Games that never had graphical gliches before - now have ie... T.J Lavins Pro BMX and Street Fighr EX Plus Alpha
The caracters are full of missing sprites and all over the place

ruffnutts ;)

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown

Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All Settings Default
FPS = 60/40
Result: Compatible. Starts up quite smooth, all sounds work with little slowdowns, but it freezes at the loading screen either if you start a new game or the demo starts up.

Armorines: Project Swarm
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All Settings Default
Result: Incompatible.

Shadow Man
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All Settings Default
Result: Compatible, but it already freezes at the Akklaim Logo

Future Cop L.A.P.D
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All Settings Default
Result: Compatible. This one is strange, the first time I tried it, I could see the loading screen. The second (and third etc..) time I tried it, it freezed immediatelly.

Pcsx4All New Build 11/12/10

Silent Hill NTSC
Format bin+cue
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
CPU Bias Auto
Rest Settings Default
FPS = 19/20
Compatible, Intro and FMV works fine - once it gets to gameplay its a graphical mess, gliches aint the word sound slighly slow,
This would have been playable if it wasn`t for the graphics - text was perfect too.

I was wondering, where do I place a BIOS file and how should it be named? If, assuming that one is required, are there only some games that require them?

@ Hvatig:

The bios should be called "scph1001.bin" and goes in the folder where the .gpe file is.

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn

Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750
Frame-Skip: 0 (Video)
CPU Bias: 4
CPU Core: Bios
All other settings default
Result: These settings get me through the menu and past the first movie. Then the game freezes on the "now loading..." screen, emulator was still running.

---

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Clock: 800
Frameskip: 1 (Video)
Sound: XA
Result: First menu runs fine, then I get a "CD ERROR". Don't know why it does that (since it works like a charm on the WIZ with these settings), I'll keep trying.

---

Project Overkill

Clock: 750
Frameskip: 0 (Video)
Sound: ON (XA+CD-Audio) [in the wiz compability list it sais "XA" only, but then there's nothing but crackles]
Result: Works great, perfectly playable!

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Reel Fishing

Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 700
Frame-Skip: 0 (Video)
CPU Bias: 4
CPU Core: tried every setting
Result: Intro and menu run absolutely smooth (I thought: Yeah, now I can play fishing when I'm out for fishing ;) ), but in-game the menu, the fishing-rod and so on are invisible - there's just the background with water. I reacts if you press one of the buttons, but most of such a reaction is invisible, too. So it's smooth but unplayable.

@ JoystickHero - this happens on pitfall 3D it all runs fine but the trees and character plus obsticles invisible lol
So its just the ground and mountains ect

@ JoystickHero if you press L+R sholder buttons + select you can desplay the FPS and put the result in you findings.. press an till it stays in the left hand corner of the screen ;)

Was just playing project overkill @ 800Mhz man this game runs easily full speed
I`m getting FPS = 75/60 sometimes 82/60 lol

nutts out :D

Thanks for the hint! I just tried it, but the Caanoo's case hides the upper bit of the display so I can hardly read the FPS count :( Does the same happen on your Caanoo? Or is there a way to move the counter to another corner of the screen?

Cheers

Well its slighlty hidden but just tip it away from you and you can see it ;)

We can ask Khan to tell the author about the bezel problem, maybe he can lower the FPS Counter

ruffnutts

JoystickHero said:
Thanks for the hint! I just tried it, but the Caanoo's case hides the upper bit of the display so I can hardly read the FPS count :( Does the same happen on your Caanoo? Or is there a way to move the counter to another corner of the screen?

Cheers

Already reported to Chui....don´t forget I´m stalking all of you :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Already reported to Chui....don´t forget I´m stalking all of you :ph34r:

:lol: nice one :)

Chui said:
True, the fps counter is bad displayed, pending to fix.
Last beta has important glitches already addressed, I hope to release a new one in 2-3 days

Great news, really looking forward to the new release - I'm curious if it'll make things work that didn't work before...

Cheers,

JH

Back