PCSX REARMED problem with SD cards

Stiino0

Still Fresh
Hello,

Just got my Pandora today and was working on getting all PSX files that i ripped into the correct format (which is .bin I assume? :) )

Anyways, let me explain my situation with my SD cards.

I have 1 Lexar Pro SDHC class 10 16GB card (normally I will use this to install android gingerbread) in FAT32 (standard) --> slots don't matter, i tried both.

and 1 Lexar Pro SDXC class 10 128GB card (Here will come all my roms etc.) in ExFAT (there were only 2 options for formatting: exfat and NTFS so I chose exfat) --> slots don't matter, i tried both

Here's the deal: I installed PNDMANAGER onto the 128GB and that seems to load but nothing I install on the card seems to work!

However I get 2 options when I want to install:

- Save to Pandora (name of 128GB card)

- Save to my other card (16GB one)

When I select the first option, it doesn't really seem to install correctly (no appdata etc.) and when I click on the start icon on desktop, my Pandora hangs.

All works pretty good on the other SD card... Can anyone advise? :S

Thanks!

Stiino0

Have you setup the proper directories? and placed the PNDs in the proper location?

You will also need to create a pandora/appdata directory were configs and application data goes

Folder Notes:
pandora/desktop -  pnd files show up on the desktop
pandora/menu -  show up in the Applications menu (by the developers suggested categories.)
pandora/apps -  show up in the desktop, and in Minimenu
pandora/mmenu - show up only in minimenu, ignored by the rest of the system

if your directory structure looks right, then I'm not sure what it could be other than you may need to reflash your firmware.. It hanging doesn't sound normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you have installed exFat support for the Pandora ? If so why not give NTFS a shot (codec pack needed) or even FAT32 (you can reformat the card with your Pandora using gParted

Have you setup the proper directories? and placed the PNDs in the proper location?

You will also need to create a pandora/appdata directory were configs and application data goes

Folder Notes:

pandora/menu -  show up in the Applications menu (by the developers suggested categories.)

if your directory structure looks right, then I'm not sure what it could be other than you may need to reflash your firmware.. It hanging doesn't sound normal.
Thanks for the reply! You already gave the setup in another post of mine, and I followed it correctly =) I have the correct structure on my 128 GB. PNDs (for example PNDmanager) I can put them everywhere right? Desktop only, apps,...?

I did that, and tried to install other software using PNDMANAGER. However it only works on my FAT32 formatted 16GB card. Also reflashed once already since I put a space in my pandora's name =)

I guess you have installed exFat support for the Pandora ? If so why not give NTFS a shot (codec pack needed) or even FAT32 (you can reformat the card with your Pandora using gParted
Yes ExFat support was installed. (twice, after reflashing also! I can indeed try NTFS (got the codec pack already!) or FAT32 with gParted using the Pandora!

Will let you guys know in a bit if this works or not =)

Thanks for the replies guis!

Oh it slipped my mind.. you prob could of done that on the pandora with gparted.. but for larger cards you may need to leave a 16meg empty space at the beginning of the card.. Not sure why that is exactly though..

and 1 Lexar Pro SDXC class 10 128GB card (Here will come all my roms etc.) in ExFAT (there were only 2 options for formatting: exfat and NTFS so I chose exfat) --> slots don't matter, i tried both
Yeah as TrashyMG mentioned you should have use Gparted on Pandora. That's the easiest/fastest way to do it.  

Oh it slipped my mind.. you prob could of done that on the pandora with gparted.. but for larger cards you may need to leave a 16meg empty space at the beginning of the card.. Not sure why that is exactly though..
Oh I forgot to put that in my reply, gparted didn't work. It couldn't recognise the exfat file system or something? It was very strange, tried it like 5 times. Oh well it's okay now =)

Folder Notes:

You shouldnt have to create that structure as from memory the pandora will create them for you if they dont already exist the first time you use that memory card.

you can also place PND's in the root of your SD but thats not really recommended.

You shouldnt have to create that structure as from memory the pandora will create them for you if they dont already exist the first time you use that memory card.
Since when? I found the menu item that will do that if you run it.. but wasn't aware it creates these directories automatically.

Back