PCSX rearmed performance problems

Adventurer

Still Fresh
Problem- unable to get more than 4-6 fps in Need for speed Hot Pursuit.

Cpu set to 1,1 Ghz

Fullscreen display mode

Nfs image stored on class 10 SD card

Tried different settings, with the same results. Can anyone at least give me a hint, where should I start looking for the problem?

I have seen Need for Speed running very smooth on Youtube video, and I believe this was not even 1Ghz edition.

I had the same issue, you need to get an image dump of a playstation BIOS and put it in the appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios/ directory.. The high level emulation works great on many games, but some need a real bios image to work properly.

It's against forum policy to ask or post links to any ROM/bios related things.. so you will need to search elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly sounds like a lack of Bios file issue, unless you've altered any other settings - I have the same game (Class 4 card - class really only an issue for write rather than read speeds) and it runs fluidly at 700mhz (and lower) on my CC Pandora.

Thanks a lot for help, it indeed was BIOS issue I was wrong, thinking, that if a game would need BIoS, it would not start. Now I have about 40 to 50 fps in original mode, and 30 to 40 in double resolution, also perfectly playable.

That means there is one small probl left - from now on I will have to rename my "free time" as "Pandora time" :D

Just a quick question, so not to start another topic - I have a problem with screen not registering double clicks in desktop mode, and to launch main menu is a problem - I have to click several times on left corner, pushing stylus rather strongly, until menu appears. I would like to know, if this is "by design", or my screen is different.

It's about the same behavior that my touch screen has. I wonder if it's just a sensitivity to how fast/slow the clicks are at registering.. The right analog nub by default is used for left/right mouse clicking and notice it's a bit better than the touch screen. However over time I found it much easier to navigate the XFCE window/menu with the d-pad and use enter to launch the PNDs..

It's about the same behavior that my touch screen has. I wonder if it's just a sensitivity to how fast/slow the clicks are at registering.. The right analog nub by default is used for left/right mouse clicking and notice it's a bit better than the touch screen. However over time I found it much easier to navigate the XFCE window/menu with the d-pad and use enter to launch the PNDs..
OK, then I guess I don't have to worry, it is just that I am used to more responsive screens :)

Sometimes you have to double click the menu icon. Sometimes if you are not patient enough, you click twice and then again what tesults into closing it again.

I don't think the double tapping issue has anything to do with screen responsiveness, more like how XFCE4 registers double clicking.. 

Try adjusting the amount of time it takes to register a double click

menu->settings->Desktop->Mouse, then in the mouse settings window,  Go to the Behavior tab.

From here you can adjust the time and/or distance setting to see if you can find a good setting for it.

Edit: changing the distance up a few numbers seems to have improved it on my end.

Just a quick question, so not to start another topic - I have a problem with screen not registering double clicks in desktop mode, and to launch main menu is a problem - I have to click several times on left corner, pushing stylus rather strongly, until menu appears. I would like to know, if this is "by design", or my screen is different.
May I suggest you some reading on the topic.

Back