Pcengine Super Cd Rom & Castlevania Rondo Of Blood

Snowblindfrog

Still Fresh
Can someone please help me get Rondo of Blood working on the Wiz? I'm assuming the guy in the video used Temper as the emulator? I can't seem to get anywhere with the roms I've downloaded and tested. They just bring up a blank black screen. Perhaps he used a different emulator? Any thoughts/advice would be very much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzOUDwQx9CE

Snowblindfrog said:
Can someone please help me get Rondo of Blood working on the Wiz? I'm assuming the guy in the video used Temper as the emulator? I can't seem to get anywhere with the roms I've downloaded and tested. They just bring up a blank black screen. Perhaps he used a different emulator? Any thoughts/advice would be very much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzOUDwQx9CE

NM, it appears as though I got it working. It was the whole syscards thing that was messing me up. I didn't have them in the right place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I actually do need some assistance.

The audio tracks came in MP3 format. If I convert them to OGG format they play super fast. Any speech sounds like the chipmunks (all high pitched, fast and squeaky) and the music is super fast. I've tried encoding as WAV files using many different levels of hz/bit rates, etc and either the game wont play at all after the company logo, or the the game plays and the audio is all distorted and scratchy sounding. I have tried WAV 44100hz/16 Stereo (along with updating the cue file) and this wont play at all.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Thanks

Lol, this thread is a one man show because I keep answering my questions. I'll leave all this here though in case anyone has a similar issue.

The audio problem was fixed once I selected 22050hz/16 bit stereo as my encoding for WAV. Now it sounds clear, plays at the normal speed, etc.

BTW, if anyone wants the ROM (who previously has not been able to get it to work) you can PM me.

The OGGs have to be 44.1KHz, the end result must have not been that if they sounded fast.

Too bad people are starting with these ISO/MP3 rips instead of BIN/CUE, that'd make things a lot easier.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I finally found a bin/cue version and it worked perfectly from the get go. And it doesnt lock up after a few screen like the mp3/iso version did. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back