PC-Link question

bauerdr

Still Fresh
I just got my second GP32 from Play-Asia. The first one was DOA, but Play-Asia sent me a replacement unit. I want to know which version of PC-Link would be better to use (v1.2 or v1.3.1). Are there any compatibility issues with the newer version?

I personally use pc-link 1.2 + the pc-link patch ( to give you dos 8.3 file names + no complaining) in windows 2000 pro and don`t have any major problems. Apart from having to reboot the PC every once in a while ( To solve a usb error). :(

I tried 1.3 and 1.3.1, But just found 1.2 less problematic. :blink:

Just my 2p

Trooper

I have decided to use v1.3.1. For some reason, I can't run/play Tomak Save the Earth Again on the GP32. I've installed the game twice on two different SMC's, but it still won't work. The system just reboot. I am also getting mixed results with the two SMC. Movie Park and SMS32 work on both cards, but only one SMC is able to load GPEngine (only a few games would play - Galaga'90, Klax, and DeadMoon). This is a slight improvement over the first GP32 unit that I returned. Would a card reader solve these problems? Should I just give up and get my money back?!

Okay, I just went out and bought a PNY Smart Media Reader (USB 1.1). I am not sure how to do use it yet.

Please tell me if I am doing this right. Format SMC using GP32 via PC-Link, then transfer Free Launcher into "Game" folder via card reader. Copy files (emu's, games, etc...) to the SMC using the card using the card reader.

this looks like it sucks. my gp32 should be here soon and i really didn't think i would need a card reader if the system already comes with a usb cable. wtf? :angry:

Come with the cable.. but its very temporamental, as in when you get an error you have reformat and start all over..!

Card readers are the way..!

Back