Pattern of vertical lines on screen

conrad.matt

Still Fresh
I haven't always had time to play my pandora. So when I booted it up tonight to play, I was really surprised that the screen didn't look as nice as I thought it used to. There's a vertical line every few pixels, all the way across the screen. It's not like the pixels are dead, because the lines look dark or white depending on the background color. But the screen really looks bad. It's a repeating pattern, all over everything - in emulators as well.

Did I somehow flip a setting? Is there any way to fix this? Or am I just crazy and forgot what my pandora screen really looked like?

Thanks

Matt

IMGP6674.JPG

IMGP6675.JPG

Might be a sign of a bad lcd cable, aka PTOD. Mine wasn't vertical but horizontal bands, and they were colored light blue and not purple as the article describes. Still, sudden banding does suggest an lcd cable issue. When did you receive your Pandora?

It's not its normal behavior, of course.

Try different screen positions and see if it gets better/worse, if it does it's certainly the cable.

The order shipped in January of this year, so I haven't quite had the unit for an entire year. I did look up the videos of horizontal banding, and it's definitely not that. This is just an even pattern all across the screen, not very noticeable from far away, but holding the unit in your hands it jumps out at you on light colors and menus.

I tried moving the screen, and it's present in every position - no change. It also is present from start up - there's bands already on the pandora logo.

Should this be my first place to post, or should I be contacting the company? Where would I most likely get a response?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that on one unit before, though I forgot if it was the LCD or the PCB.

Definitely not the LCD Cable though.

I wonder whats going on?

Does that weirdness stay localized to the top of the screen or does it follow that title bar of that window if you move it around.. what I'm getting at is it may be something with the boards video hardware not the LCD cable. Does powering off the Pandora for a period of time resolve the issue?.. Sorry no sound where I am today couldn't hear any comments if they were made in the video.

hmmm oh dear I saw this and then today...

That looks like the same problem, only intensified. Looking at my screen again, the lines ARE darker/more pronounced at the top of the screen - there's even a grayish bard at the top, where a menu bar would be. But it's only at the top of the screen, regardless of what's up there. I have only turned on the Pandora these last few days just to see if there was a change - I was hoping that things might go back to normal, but no go. Removing the battery didn't help either.

So this isn't normal, what's the fix?

That does not look normal at all, It might be a faulty LCD or faulty board.

Kinda looks like interference though, but I have no idea what it could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not the cable I checked to make sure it was inserted correctly and it was, also its localised at the top of the screen and does not follow the window.

Back