Parlez vouz francaise? Or how to use our Linux Device for Learning Languages

i got me the Duolingo App
Duolingo is terrible for Japanese, but might work well for other languages (I think it's designed more for European languages)... I understand that Anki doesn't work well for everyone, it's oftentimes a boring slog, but learning and making progress is addictive in itself if you can get through those plateaus.

Whatever floats your boat. Btw, are there videos or TV stations broadcasting DRMless in French (preferably with subtitles) to foreign citizens without registration ? I only know (part of) arte.fr. It's not so important to try dodging geoblocking or giving personal data or money.

Once back in the day when DVD was still a thing, and the Movies where not broadcast on Streaming Services, i dit try to watch "la soup aux choix" the famous louis des funes movie where he is a old man in french and accidently he dit call an alien by farting that comes around then, and the 2 are getting friends because he cocks this soup aux choix that should be quite deliecious but lets you fart a lot ^^ French Humor from the 1970tes ^^ in french whit German Suptitles, but unfortunally the Suptitles did not fit to my own translation ..

This Movie got a Title Melodie that is one of my Favored ^^

Reactions: rSl
duolingo was great when i was learning esperanto.... except i lost interest after 3 or 4 months. i started French in highschool 48 years ago... lol damn im old.
i have always wanted to learn properly but just never got around to it. i did sign up in duolingo for french but i havent spent tthe time required to learn .

Well as Anki was not that motivating as i though, i plan now to use my Ipad OS Device, i got me the Duolingo App, and i plan to read some French Magazines provided from the Readly App, as the Ipad Air allready supports Multiple Windows, i could read the Magazine on a part of the Ipad Screen or on the whole screen and have a Internet Dictionary on my Small TV/Monitor on my Desk ..
I dont know if this would help, but its a plan..
Also i found finally the French Chansons from "Reinhard Mey" , a famous German Singer Songwriter, maybe these will also help to get a feeling for the language.. (alonge whit Charles Aznavour)..
Not motivating? Anki works great for learning words. The motivation is to learn all the words!

I used both and I really think Anki is better for word learning. Duolingo has too many aps and distracting fluff. I use Anki for words, Youtube for grammar, and books, videos, and people for practice.

IMG_1138.jpeg
this is just a mock-up but might be this could work this way.. learning by doing ..

Back